Mike Holmgren Anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Holmgren Anyone?

MNFINFAN

Premium Member
Reaction score
There are rumours that Holmgren could be out of Seattle if they do not make the Playoffs. I think he is another good coach, hasn't done well the years prior to this but the dual position (GM, Coach) wasn't his strength. He is a good offensive mind and QB guy, has picked some really good assistants and this year with him only being the coach, Seattle has had some good success with a pretty crappy Defense.

Give Spielman the GM title and Holmgren the Head Coach position?

What do you all think?

Wow.. Holmgren??

Of course.. He always gets the QB he wants and develops him into an excellent one.. ( Favre and MAtt Hasselbeck)

Jump on it.. Miami would have hell of competition to get him though..

That would be a massive upgrade to the HC position now if we could only get a QB and LT.

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
There are rumours that Holmgren could be out of Seattle if they do not make the Playoffs. I think he is another good coach, hasn't done well the years prior to this but the dual position (GM, Coach) wasn't his strength. He is a good offensive mind and QB guy, has picked some really good assistants and this year with him only being the coach, Seattle has had some good success with a pretty crappy Defense.

Give Spielman the GM title and Holmgren the Head Coach position?

What do you all think?

That would work.

BB

Are you kidding me?

YES

but it won't happen.

If he can build an Offensive, hell yeah..

JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!

I think we'd be in the best position to pick up the coach we want. Good, talented team, no state income tax, nice area, the owner gives you alot of power and isnt hands on.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
I think we'd be in the best position to pick up the coach we want. Good, talented team, no state income tax, nice area, the owner gives you alot of power and isnt hands on.

exactly.. thats why miami is the prime choice of all HC next season.

but id take Denny... he has great coordinators. i've said it 1000 times now. when you have HC material as Coord. you're gonna have a good team.

his downfall was Robert Green Retiring...

and he's black. miami NEEDS a black HC. black players play harder for black coaches and thats THAT. theres not a question in my mind. it also doesn't hurt that they understand each other better... the league is 70% black players. thats why black HC will now all of a sudden make HUGE runs in the NFL.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

but id take Denny... he has great coordinators. i've said it 1000 times now. when you have HC material as Coord. you're gonna have a good team.

His downfall was that he is an idiot, great co-ordinators, no idea how to win the big one, has no sense of clock management, sucked up to his players, no discipline, too many off-field distractions, alienated the fans, cares mkre about lining his pockets than winning, let the fat arse stay on TV.

and he's black. miami NEEDS a black HC. black players play harder for black coaches and thats THAT. theres not a question in my mind. it also doesn't hurt that they understand each other better... the league is 70% black players. thats why black HC will now all of a sudden make HUGE runs in the NFL.

Tell that to Parcells or Fischer, Gruden, Bellichek (sp?), Billick, Vermeil etc.

The black ones out there are very good, but a washed up jacka$$ like Denny, regardless of colour, is not what we need.

This last part of this well I I I don't know where to begin except:rofl:

Yeah art shell's team played so hard. LOL No but really players dont play harder for a certain color coach please. I play for the orlando rage and have played for both a white and black coach. You play hard regardless its your job. And even if they did I wouldnt want them on our team. I want players who play hard regardless of color.

Funny, I posted this same question a few weeks ago (mere speculation then) and got a very different response. He would be great for the offense and especially the QB. He is kind of know as the best in the business at judging & grooming talent at the QB poosition. HIs arrival would certainly eliminate any QB controversy. I will agree with anyone he backs. I think he has groomed, Frave, Brunell, Hasslebeck and others. Many have also come from his coaching group in Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom