Mike Holmgren Anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Holmgren Anyone?

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
There are rumours that Holmgren could be out of Seattle if they do not make the Playoffs. I think he is another good coach, hasn't done well the years prior to this but the dual position (GM, Coach) wasn't his strength. He is a good offensive mind and QB guy, has picked some really good assistants and this year with him only being the coach, Seattle has had some good success with a pretty crappy Defense.

Give Spielman the GM title and Holmgren the Head Coach position?

What do you all think?

I'm not sold on Holmgren ... he has the 7th rated passing offense in the league (we're 27th), the 12th rated rushing offense (we're 16th) and his defense gives up only 4.5 points per game than we do. And yet, Seattle has the same record in a much weaker conference than we do. Add to that the fact this his STRONGEST season in a while, and I have to wonder if he's that much of an upgrade.

Stats as we all know are not that they seem. His Offense is very good (I am leading my Fantasy with Hasslebeck and D. Jackson) but his D is filled with either old buggers or really green youngsters. The D has collapsed on the road this year. It is amazing that they started off this well at all this year. However this year was the first year in Seattle that he did not have the dual title of GM/HC and I think that is one of the reasons they have done so much better. If he came here to Miami, he would turn (IMO) our O around very quickly and as we already have a pretty damn good D, I think we would be a very balanced team and could challenge for a SB very quickly.

Why do we think Holmgren would accept just a HC position without the GM side?

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
His Offense is very good (I am leading my Fantasy with Hasslebeck and D. Jackson) ... If he came here to Miami, he would turn (IMO) our O around very quickly and as we already have a pretty damn good D, I think we would be a very balanced team and could challenge for a SB very quickly.

A couple things:

He wouldn't be bringing Hasslebeck, Jackon or his offensive line with him.

Our "pretty damn good D" just laid an egg.

My point is, IMO, he has more tools in Seattle than he would have here. If he's struggling in his current situation, I would not expect a quick turnaround under him.

Back
Top Bottom