Mike Mcmahon anybody | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mcmahon anybody

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He has played on argueably the worst team over the past three years and showed some flashes of greatness the one year he was the starter. Unfortunaly he played for he Lions. Reminds me alot of Jake Plummer who was unfortunatly with the Cardinals. I would rather have a good player on a bad ream then a good player on a good team cause then at least you know it isnt the supporting cast picking them up.

I wouldnt give up a first but that is only if the offer him that tender if they do not i would give up a third for the guy. He is very mobile much more so than even fiedler which helps with our oline struggles.

McMahon is a career backup. Why spend a good draft pick on someone like that?

Originally posted by phunwin
McMahon is a career backup. Why spend a good draft pick on someone like that?

So was Tom Brady for one year. He has been a starter for one year and a back up to Joey harrington for two years. 2 years does not equal a career. Other career back ups by your definition. Steve Young Marc Bulger Trent Green Marc Brunell Kurt Warner Jake Delhomme.

McMahon is NOT the answer. Period. Neither is Garcia, Warner, Johnson or any other QB who had one "Breakout" season and then floundered. Ok Warner had two but c'mon, Fiedler could have QB'd that team to the Super Bowl... On second thought, no he couldnt have.

Originally posted by PhinsPhreak
McMahon is NOT the answer. Period. Neither is Garcia, Warner, Johnson or any other QB who had one "Breakout" season and then floundered. Ok Warner had two but c'mon, Fiedler could have QB'd that team to the Super Bowl... On second thought, no he couldnt have.

Not the answer but could be a back that has HUGE upside. When you watch him he is as raw as they come. With work not saying for next season but later down the road could be great.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

So was Tom Brady for one year. He has been a starter for one year and a back up to Joey harrington for two years. 2 years does not equal a career. Other career back ups by your definition. Steve Young Marc Bulger Trent Green Marc Brunell Kurt Warner Jake Delhomme.

Noted. I probably should have been more clear with the term "career backup". By "career backup", I mean that I don't think McMahon has the goods to be a starter. His decision-making makes Fiedler look like Montana and Griese look like Marino. He can scramble, sure, but then, Kordell Stewart can scramble too.

Originally posted by PhinsPhreak

Mcmahon wont cost much, that is why people bring him up. he is doable to be a backup or possible starter playing for a better team period.

Originally posted by phunwin

Noted. I probably should have been more clear with the term "career backup". By "career backup", I mean that I don't think McMahon has the goods to be a starter. His decision-making makes Fiedler look like Montana and Griese look like Marino. He can scramble, sure, but then, Kordell Stewart can scramble too.

why is it that you think mcmahon doesnt have the goods? how many times have you seen him play? i doubt much. i saw him against syracuse live. granted syracuse ran all day on rutgers but mcmahon has a fire in his gut ill tell you that. he can throw the rock, and he can move with his legs. but he is a basic pocket passer and needs to be on a passing team with a good RB to support him, like any other QB.

Detroit will probably tender him a 5th or 4th because no 1 will give a 3rd or better for him.

If I were Miami I would get him in here and see what hes got for a 5th only.He is very mobile with a cannon of a arm but has to eliminate intros.

What are you, McMahon's brother? His agent? I've never read such an impassioned defense for such an unremarkable QB before.

"Have you seen him live?"
Hey, I've seen Ken Dorsey play live plenty of times. He looked FABULOUS against SU, for that matter. Maybe we should give him a shot. I also hear that Danny Wuerffel will come cheap. Gino Toretta would probably work for food at this point.

Point being, there's a big difference between college and pro ball. The fact that McMahon looked good in college, three years ago, against a lousy Orangemen defense, doesn't mean he's a good pro QB. If you want a young, cheap project QB, hell, we've already got Sage Rosenfels. We don't need to take a flyer on every young, cheap, likely career backup in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle.

We should trade a 1st rounder for Tim Levcik.. Hell, Brady and Warner came out of nowhere, so did Jake Delhomme...

Let's do it!!!

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom