Mike Pouncey & Philip Wheeler both fined | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Pouncey & Philip Wheeler both fined

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Mike Pouncey's troubles continue.

The Miami Dolphins center wasn't ejected for punching the helmet of Buccaneers defensive lineman Akeem Spence, but he was fined for his ill behavior in Monday night's 22-19 loss to Tampa Bay.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Pouncey was docked $7,875 for the swipe, which drew an unnecessary roughness flag and added to an ugly month for Miami.

Here's the rest of this week's fines, per Rapoport:

In the same game, Dolphins linebacker Philip Wheeler was fined $21,000 for roughing the passer after he struck Bucs quarterback Mike Glennon in the head and neck area.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281973/article/dolphins-mike-pouncey-docked-for-punching-spence

Surprisingly, no fine for Dashon Goldson's headbutt on Rishard Matthews when Rishard wasn't even wearing his helmet.

Yet I'm hearing all this outrage and talk of a suspension about the headbutt in the Thursday night game between the Colts and Titans where Erik Walden basically did the same thing to Delanie Walker.

What gives?

Face it, this team is hated by the NFL and the media. It gets absolutely no breaks, ever.

yea that late hit on the QB was a ridiculous call and to get fined for it is outragious!

Did you really expect a fine for the head butt guy? I did not.

The hit on the qb was a love tap. I could not believe it was roughing the passer.

None of the hits were worthy of fines or penalties if you ask me. In todays NFL, if you touch a QB's helmet with your finger, it is a flagrant foul and 15 yards. Total horse snit.

I don't remember the headbutt or the roughing the passer (I ended up in a drunken stupor during that godawful game), but I do remember being shocked Pouncey wasn't kicked out of the game for that punch. We have a line full of idiots. No wonder they can't work together.

yea that late hit on the QB was a ridiculous call and to get fined for it is outragious!

It was a typical undisciplined play from Wheeler and in all likely hood did a hell of a lot to cost us a better chance of tying or winning that game on Monday. Rules are rules and he has to know better than that. The fine does seem steep tho.

Did anyone really think Pouncey wouldn't get fined for that hit?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281973/article/dolphins-mike-pouncey-docked-for-punching-spence

Surprisingly, no fine for Dashon Goldson's headbutt on Rishard Matthews when Rishard wasn't even wearing his helmet.

Yet I'm hearing all this outrage and talk of a suspension about the headbutt in the Thursday night game between the Colts and Titans where Erik Walden basically did the same thing to Delanie Walker.

What gives?

We are being punished for not funding the new stadium. Ross didn't play ball, now we don't get to play ball.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Back
Top Bottom