Mike Tannenbaum And Chris Grier Meet With The Media To Discuss The 2018 Nfl Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Tannenbaum And Chris Grier Meet With The Media To Discuss The 2018 Nfl Draft

I guess after the awful Caroo trade someone finally put him in his place and hopefully a permanent stop to his madness.

I didnt understand the part about him always doing so well in trades???

I have never seen the VP of Football Operations at every PC before. If anyone believes he is not exerting undue pressure on everything that Grier does, you are on drugs. I think this organization would be alot better off if Chris could run the show unencumbered. But the only way I think that will happen is if T-Dumb dies or a video of him undermining the organization for the rest of the AFCE surfaces. I am thinking that Gase and Grier ran the first 2 days of the draft and he came on day 3. He was probably thinking, "this is my time". Day 3 has his fingerprint all over it. At least we got two good days out of it.:rolleyes: But maybe, just maybe they are pushing him into the background. I can always dream.:biggrin

Last edited:
Id much prefer that Chris Grier were given the keys. Get Tannenbaum outta there. Grier seems far more stable. He seems to have a much better eye for talent.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Nothing against Tannenbaum as a person, he seems like a nice guy, but what does he bring to the table? Maybe, we need to shuffle him off to a non-football related position.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Nothing against Tannenbaum as a person, he seems like a nice guy, but what does he bring to the table? Maybe, we need to shuffle him off to a non-football related position.
I feel Tannenbaum should have zero authority over the draft. I don' think he should have any say so on selections or be able to trade picks. The draft should belong solely to Chris Grier with input and advice from Adam Gase and the coaching staff. Tannenbaum shouldn't be able to so much as trade a 7th without Chris Griers ok. Just how I feel. Our drafts have looked pretty respectable since Chris Grier became GM.

I like Grier. He’s workmanlike. But, he’s all about substance. He’s a meat and potatoes, true GM. He’s not a flashy guy who’s winning press conferences. But, he’s closer to what we need.

I do agree Tannenbaum looked out of touch on some of the questions, which is a great plus. Grier looks to be clearly in control of the draft, probably with heavy Gase input.

The organization could probably take more aggressive stances. For example, I would have taken Mo Hurst. I’d also bring in Kaepernick for an interview at least. They are too worried about what he said about Castro, which is irrelevant to football. This is a safe, close to the vest organization.

Back
Top Bottom