Mike Wallace Slams Joe Philbin Offensive Plan, Ryan Tannehill Struggles Hurt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Slams Joe Philbin Offensive Plan, Ryan Tannehill Struggles Hurt

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Wallace had just five touchdowns in 2013. Considering he signed a five-year, $60 million deal with Miami, the 930 receiving yards he out up were a bit of a disappointment. Wallace never gained any chemistry with quarterback Ryan Tannehill. He never looked comfortable in the offense. The result was a less-than-satisfying year. However, Wallace says that is not his fault, but instead the fault of the coaches and game plans.

"We have to (make offseason adjustments)," Wallace said, via the Miami Herald. "Definitely have got to get the deep ball going. That's the difference between winning and losing a couple games. I should have had 15 or 20 more touchdowns. And that's being modest. If you press me, you have no shot to cover me. Once I get you to stop your feet, it's over."
Wallace might take issue with the game plan for the offense, but the Dolphins remain very limited considering the lack of deep ball success Tannehill has been showing. The quarterback ranked near the bottom in passes of 20 yards or more. Tannehill was accurate on 32.8 percent of his long balls and only 25 percent of them were actually completed. Wallace can request more deep passes tossed his way, but Tannehill might not be able to handle it.

The other question is whether or not Wallace will catch them. Tannehill threw 36 passes of 20 yards or more to the wide receiver. Only six were completed. That was the worst percentage among quarterback-wide receiver duos in 2013. Of those 36 passes, eight were deemed catchable, Wallace dropped two of them.
If Wallace is going to complain about the game plan and Joe Philbin's use of him in the offense, he should likely start to work on improving his abilities to be effective in a new plan. The receiver caught 53 percent of the passes tossed his way, ranking 88[SUP]th[/SUP] amongst 111 wide receivers.
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...n-tannehill-struggles-touchdown-passes-wr.htm

No surprise here. Every WR is open on every play. Just throw them the damn ball!!

Oh, to be fair, I guess I should add that, at times, I wasn't happy with Sherman's game plan either. But a lot of what we did was because our OL sucked so bad, so I can understand why. :-)

Shocking, a WR says something out of line.

Wallace was wide open for like 10-15 TDs that we couldn't hit him, and he still got 1000 yards on so I don't know why he would place the blame at the feet of the coaching staff.

Yeah imagine if he would have held on to that hail mary that was right in his hands, could have won us a game. Or if he caught all the balls that hit him right in the hands. Tannehill and his passes were far from perfect, but Wallace also had a ton of opportunities to catch a bunch of ballls he dropped.

Shut up and perform Wallace. Who cares if you are too stupid to realize how hard it would be to have 25 tds in a season but of course Mike we know its so easy. So easy you haven't broke the number 10 in your career.

Shut up and perform Wallace. Who cares if you are too stupid to realize how hard it would be to have 25 tds in a season but of course Mike we know its so easy. So easy you haven't broke the number 10 in your career.

He is pretty clearly not being too serious about 25 touchdowns to anyone over the age of 10. Yeah Wallace didn't fight for balls (see my sig) but don't act like Tannehill doesn't owe him literally 6 or 7 touchdowns.

lol, i haven't seen any quote where wallace "slams" joe philbin. perhaps he was talking about the offensive coordinator, that was fired, Sherman?

:lol2: So true..he has had a total of 37 in 5 years....but carry on Mike. Yes he was open on several throws and the QB missed him but let's not go overboard.

Lawd-1.gif

.......have mercy on us.

Misleading title. He is right, we left a lot of points on the field

Title is definitely a bit of a reach....

Wallace was certainly open at times where we didn't get him the ball. However, fight a little harder for the ball, be a little more physical off the line and leave your feet occasionally and you might have still had 10 -12 touchdowns.

some of you guys didnt learn your lesson with the media with the recent gm thing.

THEY MAKE THINGS UP!! THEY LIE!! THEY CREATE CONTROVERSY!! and their still doing it.

as i have said, over and over, many of these guys and their bosses are mad at the finz over the martin debacle and the racial over tones of it. they didnt think we have been punished enough and they are in the middle of a MASSIVE smear campaign.

WASNT IT WALLACE, out of HIS mouth 2 days ago that said, "me and tanny had no chemistry last year untill late. i should have had 15-20 MORE TD'S! i want to get together with tanny EARLY in February and march and april, whenever, as much as we can and get on the same page. we cant have this happen again".

where did he say ANYTHING about it being the coaches fault? and how is it ANY coaches fault that tanny under throws 9 out of 10 deep balls? it wasnt sherman or philbin throwing the ball.

so......, we have TWO things here. we have some reporter saying HE HEARD that wallace blamed the coaches for lack of deep ball and chemistry with tanny. this is from the MEDIA.

two days ago, we have MIKE WALLACE HIMSELF saying it was HE and TANNY that needed more work together as they were not connecting enough. didnt mention one coach. said HE and TANNY needed to get much more work together this off season. and i agree. especially tanny.

i personally will take what MIKE WALLACE actually said instead of some media "we heard" or "i heard" thing.

KEEP DRINKING THAT MEDIA KOOL AIDE FOLKS!! :lol:

Wallace was wide open for like 10-15 TDs that we couldn't hit him, and he still got 1000 yards on so I don't know why he would place the blame at the feet of the coaching staff.
No he did not get 1000 Yards. He did not.

Back
Top Bottom