Mike Williams eligibility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams eligibility

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Reaction score
Considering that Mike Williams declared AFTER the initial ruling, we he LOSE his amateur status if the ruling is overturned?

Oh sure, he would be eligible for the SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT.... BUT honestly, you know he would want to wait and get Lottery $$$ as opposed to the minute salary he would get with Supplemental status.

ALSO, I thought I heard rumors that he qualified NO MATTER what due to his 1 year of prep school. True?

Untrue. Mike Williams is going to be a victim and its pretty sad actually. He will be ineligible for NCAA football because he hired an agent and declared. No matter what the fact that he hired an agent makes him ineligible. If he just declared and never hired an agent I believe he would be able to go back. His prep time doesn't factor I don't believe.

Its pretty unfair from his perspective. Its unfair from our perspective. His presence meant one more top 20 talent falling to our choice in pick #20.

if mike williams is allowed into the supplemental draft, and is picked in the 1st round of the supplemental draft he will receive the same 1st round money, whoever picks him will have some of next years draft money accelerated for him, he will still get 1st round money, and i think your thinking about fitzgerald with the year of prep school

You're right Vin, I was thinking about Fitz.

But, CK, IF MW is ruled ineligible... that should void his agent signing. He would have entered into a contract as a professional athlete but his professional status is revoked. Thus, voiding the entire contract.

I.E. under the OLD rulings, a high school graduate could not acquire professional status in the NFL. Therefore, it was a mute point to declare.

I see part of your point CK, but, I think this ruling creates a catch 22. and, I don't think the league would make him keep his pro status if he can't be drafted.

Back
Top Bottom