Mike Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams

PhinSoldia

Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making
Reaction score
Do you guys think that was a good pick for Detroit.??? 3 Top WR's in the draft the lsat three years...is a bit much at one position for me

I agree about having a bit much. But you have to hand it to Mariucci. He's determined to get Joey Harrington weapons. As we all saw last year as demonstrated by the Colts, a three WR set can be deadly.

PhinSoldia said:
Do you guys think that was a good pick for Detroit.??? 3 Top WR's in the draft the lsat three years...is a bit much at one position for me
All I kept hearing yesterday was this pick means Rodgers is probably gone since he can't seem to stay healthy.

PhinSoldia said:

I'd personally give them a call and see what they would want for him in a trade!!

Great player, but I don't care how good he is....if I am a Detroit fan I don't want a 3rd #1 receiver at that damn pick. No one loving this seems to see the bad side of it. OK....now you have 3 #1 guys, with #1 talent.....first you gotta pay 3 big contracts to them....then as all receivers do you have to put up with their "ego". There is not one good receiver who doesn't scream for the ball. It is impossible to get enough balls to one receiver.

People's main positive is "they have 3 weapons now". Big deal, that's the only upside and it won't last long if all 3 do pan out to be as expected...or, it will destroy one or two of the players careers because they'll never get enough balls or develop.

Schleprock said:
Great player, but I don't care how good he is....if I am a Detroit fan I don't want a 3rd #1 receiver at that damn pick. No one loving this seems to see the bad side of it. OK....now you have 3 #1 guys, with #1 talent.....first you gotta pay 3 big contracts to them....then as all receivers do you have to put up with their "ego". There is not one good receiver who doesn't scream for the ball. It is impossible to get enough balls to one receiver.

People's main positive is "they have 3 weapons now". Big deal, that's the only upside and it won't last long if all 3 do pan out to be as expected...or, it will destroy one or two of the players careers because they'll never get enough balls or develop.
I'm looking at this as Rodgers is a goner which means 2 contacts, not 3. When Detroit picked he was clearly the best player available. End of story.

Canadianfishfan said:
Detroit could've used a back!
Huh? Kevin Jones rushed for the most yardage of any RB in the final leg of the season...yes, more than the highly publicized Willis McGahee.

And no...this is not "end of story" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They needed Defense and ignored a lot of talented players. They could be the new KC.

Canadianfishfan said:
Detroit could've used a back!
I agree but they would have reached to take one at that #10 pick. The next back chosen after Williams was at #44 in the second (Arrington).

Didnt like the pick at the time- but their D is not all that bad. They have a decent one, definitely not as bad as KC was.

But I do think Hakim will be cut... He is a good player IMO.

Williams is there to replace Rogers as the #2 guy and will me the #3 guy if he stays healthy, if not he is gone.

Schleprock said:
Huh? Kevin Jones rushed for the most yardage of any RB in the final leg of the season...yes, more than the highly publicized Willis McGahee.

And no...this is not "end of story" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So you're saying Willams wasn't the best player available when Detroit was on the clock?

Dolfan1000 said:
Jones
Bryson
Pinner

Why do they need a back?
Because the people saying that don't pay attention to what is really going on. I bet 7 out of 10 people can't name Detroit's backs or the fact Jones played phenomenal as the season went on (unless they cheat and look it up).

Back
Top Bottom