MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

Whatever. This totally makes me happy, nobody is picking the Sox this year. I can understand why though, our rotation is still a major concern. If Beckett gets hurt and our rookies don't pick it up, we could be on the outside looking in easily given the depth of the AL. But were still the reigning champs, Dice-K pitched in the playoffs, and Beckett's pitching may even take away the tag of worst trade in MLB history.

Beckett is always an injury risk

Until Dice-K gets his ERA under 5.00 I don't take him seriously

Wakefield......please!

Lester/Clay are unproven

Schilling is finished!

And i don't trust Manny over 162 games (contract year or not). They are affraid to trade Coco now because the front office is affraid Elisbury can't hold up for 162.

BOSTON is a team BUILT for a 5 or 7 game series. But to get their they gotta go through 162. I'm not sure they can get there through a tough AL schedule.

Hey they can prove me wrong, that's why they play the games

i refuse to believe anyone truely believes the yanks are that good. maybe their fans are blinded by their love, but do they even truely believe? i dont think so.

Only Detroit has a better lineup maybe 1-9. And that's maybe!

Wang might suck in the playoffs but over the course of a 162 game season he will win ya close to 20 games. Pettite will be fine and will pitch well in big spots. Hughes and Keenedy are just as questionable as Lester/Clay so I call that a wash.

NY is a team built to do well over 162 but will stink it up in the playoffs because they lack that big pitcher.

And CC Sabathia will be in pinstripes next year. He knows it as does his agent which is why he isn't signing with Cleveland now and refusing to talk contract with them. He wants to hit the market and let the Yanks get in a bidding war for him with the other typical players. But CC loves NY!

If by some off chance the Indians fall out of the race come July, he could get moved to NY at the deadline. But I don't expect that to happen cause Cleveland will be too good to move him and they won't be out of it. But ya never know......

Same goes for Oswalt too if Houston falls out of it and they don't want to pay him anymore. NY can swoop in and get him at the deadline. They always listen to offers for him

Wang might suck in the playoffs but over the course of a 162 game season he will win ya close to 20 games. Pettite will be fine and will pitch well in big spots. Hughes and Keenedy are just as questionable as Lester/Clay so I call that a wash.

NY is a team built to do well over 162 but will stink it up in the playoffs because they lack that big pitcher.

And CC Sabathia will be in pinstripes next year. He knows it as does his agent which is why he isn't signing with Cleveland now and refusing to talk contract with them. He wants to hit the market and let the Yanks get in a bidding war for him with the other typical players. But CC loves NY!

If by some off chance the Indians fall out of the race come July, he could get moved to NY at the deadline. But I don't expect that to happen cause Cleveland will be too good to move him and they won't be out of it. But ya never know......

Same goes for Oswalt too if Houston falls out of it and they don't want to pay him anymore. NY can swoop in and get him at the deadline. They always listen to offers for him

Is this a guarantee? CC loves NY? did he call you and tell you this? 'Cuz that would be news to me. There is a very good chance that he'll end up with the Yanks, but I also do believe him when he says his first choice is Cleveland. Either way he won't be missed for too long in Cleveland, we have young guns waiting for their turns. And before you get all excited over having CC pitch in NY, ask yourself how confident are you of him pitching in the spotlight? In-front of the NY media? with all the scrutiny falling on his each and every pitch.

wow seattle to win the world series? i like i like

They got 2 BIG pitchers (Bedard and King Felix) which makes them built to win in a 5 or 7 game series. They got in my opinion the BEST closer in baseball today in Putz. Their lineup is good. I would hope they maybe go add another bat at the trade deadline. But even if they don't, I like the mix they got there.

In a very weak division this year. They will rack up the wins vs bad teams like Oakland and Texas, and an injured LAA pitching staff, and could easily get homefield in the AL playoffs.

Seattle has everything laid out in front of them to have a HUGE year

Is this a guarantee? CC loves NY? did he call you and tell you this? 'Cuz that would be news to me. There is a very good chance that he'll end up with the Yanks, but I also do believe him when he says his first choice is Cleveland. Either way he won't be missed for too long in Cleveland, we have young guns waiting for their turns. And before you get all excited over having CC pitch in NY, ask yourself how confident are you of him pitching in the spotlight? In-front of the NY media? with all the scrutiny falling on his each and every pitch.

The guy just won the CY YOUNG last year I think he will be ok pitching in NY.

And no I didn't call him. But watch Baseball Tonight, listen to WFAN, read Sporting News and CC to the Yanks has been talked about in numerous places. Especially since CC is refusing to talk contract till the season is over. The Yanks view him as the lefty replacement for Pettite once he retires after this year.

do you really think that 36 year old catcher will repeat that year? your outfield is terrible offensively. damon, cabrera and abreu. Matsui is good offensively. then you also have ARod of course, jeter and Cano. best lineup in baseball? not even close.

and your IF is terrible defensively. which isnt going to help that starting pitching, which frankly is not good.

Wang is good, but not great. Hughes in his first full season should be good, but who knows. then you have mussina whos finished, pettitte whos finished, and kennedy who IMO was overrated as a prospect and will probably get exposed, specially in the AL East. Bullpen will be at the backend, but its thin. then if they take Joba out of it, it becomes really thin. you better hope Joba knocks Mussina or Pettitte out of the rotation and Hughes, Kennedy, and Joba put in quality years as starters. cuz if not, you guys dont have a shot.

do you really think that 36 year old catcher will repeat that year? your outfield is terrible offensively. damon, cabrera and abreu. Matsui is good offensively. then you also have ARod of course, jeter and Cano. best lineup in baseball? not even close.

Aside from Detroit who's lineup is better???

Posada won't have the same year again......i don't..think..I said..that....but oh well. :rolleyes2:

You have Abreu and Giambi in contract years. You have Matsui good for 100 RBI's even in a down year. Throw in AROD, CANO, and JETER.....I'm not worried about offense.

Like I said, aside from Detroit....who's lineup is better????

Yeah he only had 40 saves. Was 6-1 won-loss record. 82 K's in 70 innings. An ERA of 1.39. Only 13 walks in 70 innings. And a WHIP of 0.70

And in 2006 when he had 104 K's in 78 innings he may have been better and even more lights out!!!

If he ain't the best closer in baseball than who is? I will give Papelbon a close 2nd. But Putz is #1 in my humble opinion.

The guy just won the CY YOUNG last year I think he will be ok pitching in NY.

And no I didn't call him. But watch Baseball Tonight, listen to WFAN, read Sporting News and CC to the Yanks has been talked about in numerous places. Especially since CC is refusing to talk contract till the season is over. The Yanks view him as the lefty replacement for Pettite once he retires after this year.

Winning the CY Young doesnt prove he can pitch with the NY media. He's been babied by the Cleveland press and as we all know NY media won't be so kind. CC's personality definitely seems to be better suited for a small market city, but its his call if he wants to take the money.

And I too watch BBTN, and listen to the WFAN. They all state how Yanks will target CC in the offseason. They've never said how much CC LOVES NY. CC has broken off talks because he didn't want a distraction during the season (see Zambrano last year). He has maintained througout the offseason that Cleveland is his home away from home. And also, before putting CC in the pinstripes already, do remember that the Angels will have a say in this too.

And also, before putting CC in the pinstripes already, do remember that the Angels will have a say in this too.

Didn't I say the Yanks will be in a bidding war with the usual suspects? Read what I write please.

Off topic but Mark Hendrickson as an opening day starter for the Marlins? Colin Cowherd brought up the point that the Marlins are guranteed 30 mil from revenue sharing and 30 mil from the tv deal, yet they only spend 21 mil on payroll. I know they've got maybe the best player in baseball but atleast make an effort to pretend like you're trying to win.

Mark Cuban can't buy a team because the other owners don't like him but they keep around this clown Jeffery Loria. That is what is wrong with MLB.

That team needs to be moved. Nashville, Portland, Charlotte....anywhere would be better.

The fans dont' care about the team. The owner doesn't care about the team. The stadium issue is a disaster.

It's a joke on every level. The problem in MLB isn't the big market teams. It's the small market teams. Either run the team the RIGHT way, or sell it and get OUT of the business.

ESPN picked the Braves to win the World Series. Although I am a fan, it's difficult for me to envision it this season. I guess my point is, the Mets are NOT going to win the division ;)

Whatever. This totally makes me happy, nobody is picking the Sox this year. I can understand why though, our rotation is still a major concern. If Beckett gets hurt and our rookies don't pick it up, we could be on the outside looking in easily given the depth of the AL. But were still the reigning champs, Dice-K pitched in the playoffs, and Beckett's pitching may even take away the tag of worst trade in MLB history.

Not that I heard man. The few analysts I've heard say Boston goes to the series again.

Didn't I say the Yanks will be in a bidding war with the usual suspects? Read what I write please.
I did, but it was engulfed in absurdities like CC will be in pinstripes next year and how much CC loves NY, so I guess my mind just skipped over it.

Oh and best closer in the league is undoubtedly joe borowski :D

Back
Top Bottom