Milloy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Milloy

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just read on ESPN that Lawyer MIlloy has been cut by the patriots and will sign with Bills, that sucks alot.. Bills D has really improved but still are going to go 8-8 record...

that isnot good for New England cus i heard that he will play sunday if he is signed before then. buffalo found themselves a safety.

the pats sould of traded him. then look wut happends a team in the divison gets him (if its true). do u have link

Originally posted by $UpErBoWlCh@Mp
the pats sould of traded him. then look wut happends a team in the divison gets him (if its true). do u have link
Here ya go
clear.gif

Milloy is definetly a solid safety, but he is mostly a tackle-machine. That is exactly what the Bills don't need. They need a guy who can force turnovers... and Milloy hasn't been known for that the past few years. He's only had 4 INT's in the past three years, and his statistics dropped off sufficiently just last year. He had less tackles and forced no turnovers. The Bills already had a tackle-machine type safety at SS. But Milloy is definetly an upgrade over what garbage they had before at S. I can't even remember the names.

Good pick-up, but won't force a lot of turnovers... which is big. The Bills needed a safety like Knight or Roy Williams.

Rumor has it that Washington has the inside track supposedly the bills are offering 4M and the Redskins 5M god I love it when players are greedy. I sure don't want to see Milloy as a Bills.

I still wanna know where Washington is getting all this money from?

Geeze, with all the signings they have made, it seems like their cap number should be something like $186 million by now. :rolleyes:

and they still suck... theres the amazing thing.

Originally posted by Barbarian
I still wanna know where Washington is getting all this money from?

Geeze, with all the signings they have made, it seems like their cap number should be something like $186 million by now. :rolleyes:

and they still suck... theres the amazing thing.

They obviously have no salary cap. Man they are amazing!

Oliver...

clear.gif

Snyder has some kind of Salary Cap Magic Lemon Tree

I didn't see this thread when I posted about Milloy accepting the Bills' offer. Sorry about that.

I take it back. The initial post in this thread was before the latest news and only reflects the expectation that Milloy would sign with the Bills, not the fact of his acceptance. There is some speculation that the Redskins' offer might have been bigger, but Milloy likes the Bills' chances this season. Moreover, it gives him a chance to stick it to his former employers twice per season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wednesday, September 3, 2003

ESPN.com news services

A day after being cut unexpectedly by the New England Patriots, safety Lawyer Milloy has reached an agreement in principle with the Buffalo Bills.

The teams open the season against each other Sunday in Buffalo.

The Bills beat out the Redskins, who were the other team making a serious offer to the four-time Pro Bowl selection. The Bills had set Wednesday as a deadline day for getting a deal done with Milloy.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday afternoon that the Bills had made a contract offer and that by Tuesday night Milloy and his representatives were mulling offers from at least three franchises.

Beyond the Bills, the Redskins and New Orleans Saints made offers. It is believed Washington has offered a multi-year contract that would have paid Milloy about $5 million over the first two seasons. League sources said that the Saints had offered a three-year contract.

The Minnesota Vikings demonstrated early interest and then, when they saw where the market was headed, backed off later Tuesday. The New York Jets also made at least one exploratory phone call but it is believed their interest waned as well.

Milloy was entering the fourth season of a seven-year, $35 million contract that was seen as a landmark deal for a safety when he signed it in 2000. New England will save $4.4 million on its 2003 cap but will have to count about $6 million on its 2004 spending limit because of various prorated signing bonus segments.

Patriots sources said late Tuesday night that keeping Milloy on the regular-season roster would have pushed the team over the 2003 cap limit and perhaps forced the release of a starter or two. During the offseason, the so-called "rule of 51" applies to a team's salary cap, meaning it must count only its highest-paid 51 players against the ceiling. But when the regular season begins, every player under contract counts against the cap, and a club's account typically rises.

The scheduled 2003 cap charge for Milloy was $5.836 million. The two sides had been working on a potential reworked deal for four or five months but could not get together on numbers amenable to Milloy and the Patriots brass.

It says the Bills beat out the skins in their offer.........wow there goes the bills salary cap :lol:

Go see the thread I started about the Bills winning the Milloy sweepstakes. Buffalo's offer was LOWER than the Redskins offer. I think SI has more accurate numbers on the respective offers. Buffalo still has a couple million under this years cap, and the contract is definitely not the cap killer that Milloy's contract with NE turned out to be. He who laughs last. . .

Heres a link on the agreement:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/nfl/09/03/milloy.bills/index.html

One thing I read said it was 12+ million over three years. This says 15 million over 4 years with a 2003 base salary of 2 million and a signing bonus of 4.75 million prorated over the four years of the contract. That makes his cap # this year about 3.2 million. That's manageable. Buffalo still has 2+ million in cap room this year, and gets rid of a pile of dead cap dollars after this season. TD is adamant that the Bills will not get themselves back in cap trouble.

Back
Top Bottom