Mini update on Surtain/No Progress Friday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mini update on Surtain/No Progress Friday

I would take 4th this year and a 2nd next year. We need Surtain's cap money if we are gonna sign some more players (Sharper, Little?)

Its going to drive me crazy if we will have to wait until draft day for this trade.

Has Surtain specifically said he wants out of Miami. What are the chances we keep him and franchise him next year? I know his hit this year is huge but I am sure if he wanted to stay we could match KC's money somehow. Anybody know the money involved with KC?

Dolfan2788 said:
I think that they'll break before the draft, giving up next years 2nd rounder or this years, the Moss signing to the Raiders definitely helps us with leverage in this trade since they now have to face him twice a year.

I agree. And let's not forget Jerry Porter looking as he did in 03 and coming on strong at the end of last year. I think, oak will have perhaps the most dangerous deep WR threat in the NFL. KC's secondary is guaranteed to get obliterated in 2 games next year -- not to mention the fact Ashley Leslie is also emerging as a deep threat reeciver...

Well, if Vermiel really thinks that Surtain has 5 "Good" years left, then what's wrong with giving up a 2nd round pick for 5 "Good" years of CB play? What? Are they going to sign a 2nd rounder that will come in as a rookie & play as good as or better than Surtain? I highly doubt it. Based on the news article, KC obviously has the cap room to sign Surtain; so why not give a 2nd round pick for a STARTING CB? This should be a No-Brainer for the Chiefs. They are just trying to see if the Dolphins will pull another stupid Rick Spielman move (Our #2 overall + Surtain for their Conditional 7th :shakeno: ). Saban will NOT be taken advantage of the way that Spielman has been in the past. He HAS to prove that this year.

So, Worst case, we get to keep one of the best cornerbacks in the league for one more year; AND we play KC at home this year, so wouldn't it be fun to see Surtain shut down their receivers! PLUS 2006 could be a very different year. The cornerback market could be very hot. There are always changes & we could franchise Surtain & then trade him next year.

Back
Top Bottom