Misunderstood the Announcement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Misunderstood the Announcement

T-Bone

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I apologize that I was posting to threads and I didn't know that Rick Speilman was named GM of the Phins.

I have posted a few responses since then and I feel like we all have gotten taken for a ride.

We have had 2 of the most disappointing seasons back to back and we all felt that Wayne was sincerly pi$$ed off and that he was going to shake things up and give us Phin fans something to look forward to (although I will still get optimistic come training camp time) yet he gives Wannstedt a contract extension, throws the best GM names around yet does not hire any of them and hires Dan (Which I like the fact he is on board) as a smoke screen to detract form the fact that he did nothing to change the teams status. It reminds me of what Wanny did to the defense last year - added some names while he did nothing to the Offense and wondered why he missed the playoffs.

Someone stated in a post a few weeks ago that Marino & Shula should pool their resources and purchase the team. Now would be a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its clear you don't like Wannstedt as the coach, I do, but I understand that fans want him to take all the blame for the last 2 "horrible" seasons.

but there is a shake up in the organization. Speilman is in charge of personel, something he's fully qualified to do well. Wannstedt ONLY coaches, something I feel he's fully qualified to do as well.

And at the helm, you now have the person everyone is accountable too. Wannstedt's 2 year extension is essentially meaningless if Miami has another bad season.

But don't for one second thing nothing has changed. The attitude of this franchise has adopted to Wanny's passive ways the last 4 years, that in itself will be the biggest change.

and I'd like to hear one person tell me why Rick Speilman not only shouldn't be the GM, but also isn't more qualified then ANYONE we interviewed.

and I'd like to hear one person tell me why Rick Speilman not only shouldn't be the GM, but also isn't more qualified then ANYONE we interviewed. [/B]

Because Spielman is GM in name only. you honestly think that Wanny will still not be making the personel moves? Remember, Wanny is the one that hired Spielman in the first place and unlikely to step on Wanny's toes. only thing changes is the changing on the name plates on the desks with different titles. Spielman as GM would carry alot more meaning if Wayne had just fired Wanny from the get go instead of playing this ridiculous charade.

Problem is the passive ways is what Wannstedt puts on the field.
He coaches not to lose and the fact he played Fiedler for four years straight without drafting a qb should speak volumes.

I hope and pray that Speilman did not have final say in the drafts of years past (I don't think he did). Because if so we have gone backwards.

If we have moved forward then why is hiring Dan Marino the big story instead of Speilman becoming the GM. Smoke screen by Wayne?

I would love nothing else but to have Miami win the Super Bowl next year and I hope that it does happen I just don't see what happened yesterday as the first step for that happening.

And it is not that I think that Speilman is not capable or that Marino in time will be a good front office VP, I think he has a good head on his shoulders and will be good in a few years. It is the fact that with all the commotion that was created by Huzienga by his win this year or else, not giving Wanny an extension and the rest was by the press and the fans by speculating what would happen.

I think in a few days that I will have a more positive outlook on this situation.... I hope anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by T-Bone
He coaches not to lose and the fact he played Fiedler for four years straight without drafting a qb should speak volumes.

I hope and pray that Speilman did not have final say in the drafts of years past (I don't think he did). Because if so we have gone backwards.

If we have moved forward then why is hiring Dan Marino the big story instead of Speilman becoming the GM. Smoke screen by Wayne?

I would love nothing else but to have Miami win the Super Bowl next year and I hope that it does happen I just don't see what happened yesterday as the first step for that happening.

And it is not that I think that Speilman is not capable or that Marino in time will be a good front office VP, I think he has a good head on his shoulders and will be good in a few years. It is the fact that with all the commotion that was created by Huzienga by his win this year or else, not giving Wanny an extension and the rest was by the press and the fans by speculating what would happen.

I think in a few days that I will have a more positive outlook on this situation.... I hope anyway.
I agree with you saying that the philosophy under Dave was very passive and conservative. We always played to stay close until the 4th qrtr and hope we make a play to win. NONE of the teams that are left playing in the playoffs think that way.
I still think the worst thing that has happened to this team was that Baltimore won the Super Bowl with a great defense...and an avg QB. That put the thought in alot of peoples heads that we could do the same.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan

I agree with you saying that the philosophy under Dave was very passive and conservative. We always played to stay close until the 4th qrtr and hope we make a play to win. NONE of the teams that are left playing in the playoffs think that way.
I still think the worst thing that has happened to this team was that Baltimore won the Super Bowl with a great defense...and an avg QB. That put the thought in alot of peoples heads that we could do the same.

I agree but how many years ago was that?
We need to change with the times, I still can't believe the horse and pony show that was on display only to premote Rick and hire Dan.

Originally posted by T-Bone

I feel ya, dawg !! :cry: :cry:

Did Wolf agree to a consulting job knowing that this was going to be the end result? Or is he sitting at home waiting for the announcement that Mercury Morris will be selling cotton candy at the stadium, then laugh when Wayne tells every one he used Wolf to lure in Dan.

Back
Top Bottom