Mitch Meeuwesen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mitch Meeuwesen

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He isn't as highly publicized as our other UDFA signings. I know he's a pretty good safety, I believe he was a finalist for the Thorpe award last year. I believe he can make a definate impact on our defense. He at least has to be considered a candidate to back up our yet to be named starting safeties.

miami_mi said:
He isn't as highly publicized as our other UDFA signings. I know he's a pretty good safety, I believe he was a finalist for the Thorpe award last year. I believe he can make a definate impact on our defense. He at least has to be considered a candidate to back up our yet to be named starting safeties.

Maybe next season 2006...not in 2005...I don't think he'll get on the field.

Go Fins!!!

he will be shelved this year but definatly has the potential to be a stud in the future :cooldude:

Nasty

He really only has a shot at the P-squad unless he really surprises. He just isn't physical enough for Saban.

He really dislikes contact, and Saban wants physical players at all positions. What good is size if you don't use it?

I heard that he was one of the most respected players in NCAA football. I really hope that this kid shines in TC and makes the team.

He's not injured right? Why would we need to stash him on the developmental squad. Our safeties (tebucky and Tillman) aren't the class of the nfl. I hope they give him a chance. Our safeties are going to be a major weak spot for this team.

miami_mi said:
He's not injured right? Why would we need to stash him on the developmental squad. Our safeties (tebucky and Tillman) aren't the class of the nfl. I hope they give him a chance. Our safeties are going to be a major weak spot for this team.

im sure tebucky will be a lot better of because we are going to play him at SS. he didnt fit in well in NO' s scheme. Tebucky and the SS spot is not the worry spot, its FS

He's not injured, no.

Not at this point anyway.

Here's some info on Meeuwsen for those interested:

POSITIVES: Productive collegiate safety with marginal range for the next level. Instinctive, stays with assignments, and does a nice job patrolling center field. Patient, keeps the play in front of him and remains alert throughout the action. Explodes up the field in run defense, takes good angles to the action and wraps up tackling. Reads the quarterback, immediately locates the ball, then quickly breaks on the throw. Recently ran a 4.55-40 at Pro-Day.

NEGATIVES: Has difficulty in man-to-man coverage situations and possesses only average playing speed. Late getting to the spot laterally and cannot recover.

ANALYSIS: An intelligent defender who makes plays based on great instincts, Meeuwsen has been reliable throughout his college career. Should be effective in a two-deep system that reduces his lateral area assignments.

i only liked him bc i though he was fast but now im not so sure about him

You can give him the FS spot right now and I have as much faith in him as any other possibility.

Back
Top Bottom