Mock Draft 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft 2.0

Nick13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Alrighty....here we go with the second incarnation of my Dolphins mock draft. While I firmly believe the Dolphins will trade down and/or find a way to acquire a 2nd round pick, I am creating this draft based on the picks we currently have.

1- Mark Ingram RB Alabama-I think that the Dolphins might be able to trade back to around #20 and still grab Ingram, or if they decide to go a little further back, snag Mikel Leshoure. I'm hesitant to draft a RB in round 1 since typically solid options can be found later, however, at this point pretty much any mock that doesnt have a QB or RB in Round 1 for Miami is disregarded immediately and since I like none of the 1st round QB prospects enough..., Ingram is the pick.

3- Jacquizz Rodgers RB Oregon St.- Perfect compliment back to Ingram. These two would give defenses nightmares. I thought about a QB here, but I just don't see any QB in this draft making the kind of immediate impact we need, I think we should look at a vet in FA instead. Back to Quizz, his biggest knock is that he's too small to carry the load in the NFL, and Ingram's biggest knock is that he's had some injury history...can you say made for each other? Quizz is the ideal back to spell Ingram and the two can also operate on the field together as both are good pass catchers out of the backfield. We have a tendency to double dip on positions of need, and this makes a ton of sense.

4-John Moffit G Wisconsin-His slow 40 time will hurt his draft stock, but he's still a capable player. And you're fooling yourself if you think we'll walk away from any draft without an OL and a Big Ten player so long as Ross and Sparano are in town. He also spent some time at Center in his time at Wisconsin which could prove valuable since our O-Line tends to become a Trauma Ward by about Week 11.

5-Mike Muhammed ILB Cal- Played in a 3-4 at Cal and showed his quality in that system. He was a consistent performer and was effective against the run and the pass. Not an overwhelming athlete, but very high on effort and intelligence.

6-Julius Thomas TE Portland St.- Generating a lot of hype with good measurables, and might not be on the board still in Round 6. The Dolphins have worked him out I believe and I think he fits what we're looking for in a TE, which is what Anthony Fasano is not, an athlete. Fasano is an ideal #2 TE and if Thomas maximizes his potential, our 2 TE set suddenly becomes a dangerous pass formation as well as a run formation.

7a-Ricky Elmore DE/OLB Arizona-Projects more as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, but the kid can rush the passer and we need that opposite Cam Wake. Elmore would only be a situational player because at this point he is one dimensional, but likely could break into the front 7 rotation on clear passing downs.

7b-Colin Baxter C Arizona-Did not run well at his Pro Day, but he was the anchor of Arizona's offensive attack and started at C and Guard during his 4 years. An undisputed leader, he's great depth at the end of the 7th as he can play all 3 interior positions.

I like Ingram, Moffit, and Muhhamed. Don't think Julius Thomas will be available that late, and I hate the Rodgers pick in the third when there is more value at that position in FA or in the 4-5 range. Plus I don't see us drafting RBs with our top 2 picks.

Also think with the uncertainty of FA this year qb needs to be addressed at some point, but you stuck with the picks we have which makes it harder to get a quality RB and QB.

Would much rather do 1.mallet and 3.Daniel Thomas/Vareen/Murray depending on who is available and who our FO likes better.

Back
Top Bottom