14) CHI: LB D.J. Williams(Miami)
15) TB: WR M. Williams(USC)
16) SF: DT Wilfork(Miami)
17) DEN(CIN): CB D. Hall(va Tech)
18) NO: LB Vilma(Miami)
19) DAL(MINN): OT S. Andrews(Ark)

Who do you take?

Reggie Williams

Even though I don't want a WR with that pick, Reggie could EASILY be traded, and if that scenario actually happened, I'd have little doubt Rick Speilman would move down and draft Randy Starks or Justin Smiley.

Trade down twice, pick up another third and fourth, and select Jake Grove in the upper second round. Then use the two thirds to pick up a lineman and a QB, use the two fourths to pick up a linebacker and another lineman. In the sixth round I'd pick up a back up fullback to compete with Sammy Morris (lead blocker type).

Draft looks like this:

2. Jake Grove, C
3a. JP Losman, QB
3b. Chris Snee, G
4a. Tony Pape, T
4b. Courtney Watson, MLB
6. Travis Wilson, FB
7. Best available

Of course I hope Rivers falls, but it doesn't look like that's likely. This plan will have to do.

Originally posted by miamirw
Trade down twice, pick up another third and fourth, and select Jake Grove in the upper second round. Then use the two thirds to pick up a lineman and a QB, use the two fourths to pick up a linebacker and another lineman. In the sixth round I'd pick up a back up fullback to compete with Sammy Morris (lead blocker type).

Draft looks like this:

2. Jake Grove, C
3a. JP Losman, QB
3b. Chris Snee, G
4a. Tony Pape, T
4b. Courtney Watson, MLB
6. Travis Wilson, FB
7. Best available

Of course I hope Rivers falls, but it doesn't look like that's likely. This plan will have to do.

OL must be a priority in your eyes :lol:

Hmmm.........

Reggie Williams is BPA in your scenario but like others I would look to trade down at that point and still get Carey/Smiley and perhaps a WR later.

I opted for "other". I think a trade down is in order if Andrews, DJ Williams and Vilma are off the board. I would trade down and take Grove, Carey, Snee or Smiley, or one of the big two-gap DTs: Starks or Tubbs. In fact, I suppose I'd want to trade down 15 or so spots and take whoever's left of that group.

Draft looks like this:

2. Jake Grove, C
3a. JP Losman, QB
3b. Chris Snee, G
4a. Tony Pape, T
4b. Courtney Watson, MLB
6. Travis Wilson, FB
7. Best available

Excellent !!!!

:up:

Marino1983

I take Carey and Snee will not be there in the 3rd....

Turning our first rounder into a second, third, and a fourth sounds more like wishful thinking than reality

Draft looks like this:

2. Jake Grove, C
3a. JP Losman, QB
3b. Chris Snee, G
4a. Tony Pape, T
4b. Courtney Watson, MLB
6. Travis Wilson, FB
7. Best available

No way in hell Losman falls that far. There's a lot teams that like him and he'll probably go late 1st early 2nd.

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Turning our first rounder into a second, third, and a fourth sounds more like wishful thinking than reality
Not as wishful as you may think. Here is my posted response to another thread addressing this same subject matter:
If this draft is truly as value laden at need positions for Miami as has been widely reported (combined with a recent history of questionable 1st round picks), perhaps Jacksonville would be a favorable trade-down partner in the following scenario:
Miami's R1#20 for Jacksonville's R2#39 + R3#70 + R4#102 + R6#175 (850 points for 510 + 240 + 92 + 22.4 points)
I tipped the scales slightly in Miami's favor by 14.4 points as they are the ones trading out of the first round in this scenario as well as the fact that five compensatory picks were awarded prior to the beginning of the 6th round which would deplete the value of Jacksonvilles's 6th round pick ever so slightly.
With these additional picks it seems to me Miami could possiblly lower their demands for Ogunleye to perhaps a reasonable 1st round pick and maybe like a 5th. If that were to happen (and believe me I'm not banking on it), Miami would then have 1-1R, 1-2R, 2-3R, 2-4R (Oh how I love 4th round picks!), 1-5R, 2-6R & 2-7R. I don't know if all or any of this is a good idea or not, but would like to know what some of you think.

I'd take Starks or Smiley. We're not gonna take 3 o-linemen, maybe not even 2 and Snee will not be there in round 3 and neither is Losman. And to think that some people thought I was dreaming with my mock draft...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom