Votes: 10 32.3%
  • WR Michael Clayton--LSU

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • C Jake Grove--Virginia Tech

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other(Please specify)

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
If you cant trade down, Clumpy, Id go for Carey or Randy Starks.

I hate this scenario.

Every guy that i would love Miami to draft (that could be at 20 has gone) - Rivers, Andrews, DJ Williams, Vilma.

I think one of those guys will actually be available because Reggie won't drop.

toss up between Reggie or Randy Starks IMO.

Originally posted by Maggot Brain

Not as wishful as you may think. Here is my posted response to another thread addressing this same subject matter:
If this draft is truly as value laden at need positions for Miami as has been widely reported (combined with a recent history of questionable 1st round picks), perhaps Jacksonville would be a favorable trade-down partner in the following scenario:
Miami's R1#20 for Jacksonville's R2#39 + R3#70 + R4#102 + R6#175 (850 points for 510 + 240 + 92 + 22.4 points)
I tipped the scales slightly in Miami's favor by 14.4 points as they are the ones trading out of the first round in this scenario as well as the fact that five compensatory picks were awarded prior to the beginning of the 6th round which would deplete the value of Jacksonvilles's 6th round pick ever so slightly.
With these additional picks it seems to me Miami could possiblly lower their demands for Ogunleye to perhaps a reasonable 1st round pick and maybe like a 5th. If that were to happen (and believe me I'm not banking on it), Miami would then have 1-1R, 1-2R, 2-3R, 2-4R (Oh how I love 4th round picks!), 1-5R, 2-6R & 2-7R. I don't know if all or any of this is a good idea or not, but would like to know what some of you think.

You are correct with the numbers though I think you are also correct as to the unlikeleness of the scenario.

R. Williams is the BPA in that scenario. So you take him. Trade down is a possibility but it is not given that you can always do it just b/c you want to.

Trade down.

1. Smiley
2. Carey or Snee

trade down and take either smiley or carey and hopefully stockpile some picks and pick up a two gap DT like Sapoaga, OT like Max Starks, and some WR depth

As much as I like Smiley I think about how great it'd be to have Evans out on the field with CC, Boston, Randay and Ricky all at the same time.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom