Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
Here is my long awaited updated Mock Draft...hehe....

1)Houston - David Carr, QB, Fresno State
Any real doubt that this is going to happen?

2)Carolina - Julius Peppers, DE, UNC
Again, almost a lock, although there are rumors starting that Jammer might sneak into this spot.

3)Detroit - Quentin Jammer, CB, Texas
Would be a great pick for Detroit and is no longer deemed a "minor reach", Jammer has it all.

4)Buffalo - Bryant McKinnie, OT, Miami
Really hate to see them land an elite Blue Chip prospect like this, but can they really afford to pass up McKinnie?

5)San Diego - John Henderson, DT, Tennessee
I know a few people will question this pick, but i still think Henderson is the best DT of the group, buit much like Richard Seymour. Loss of Parrella leaves huge void in the middle.

6)Dallas - Philip Buchanon, CB, Miami
Dallas needs a shutdown corner and Buchanon seems like a logical fit. Already addressed QB and DT in FA.

7)Minnesota - Mike Williams, OT, Texas
Would probobly like to get a CB, but with both off the board they will take the best player available and he fits a major need.

8.)Kansas City - Ryan Sims, DT, UNC
Run stuffer with the ability to get after the passer. Very consistent player with good frame. KC needs to be able to stop the run.

9)Jacksonville - Levi Jones, OT, Arizona State
Could go in any number of directions, hard pick to project. Jones has been flying up the charts and is possibly a bit of a reach, but by the draft very well could be a top 10 pick.

10)Cincinnati - Roy Williams, S, Oklahoma
Would be instant leader of the secondary. Brings big play ability, can play both run and pass. Help the defense by leaps and bounds.

11)Indianapolis - Wendell Bryant, DT, Wisconsin
At 304 pounds and his 4.77 time in the forty, he established hmself as a prime time prospect. Can definately get after the QB. Very quick, would anchor this talent deprived line.

12)Arizona - Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee
Lack any bulk in the middle of their line, this mammoth DT will cure that. Could end up being best DT of the class, worst case a space eater that wil be a solid starter.

13)New Orleans - Donté Stallworth, WR, Tennessee
Could be taken much higher than this after his excellant workout at pro day. NO needs another playmaker on the perimeter and Stallworth is the best in the draft.

14)Tennessee - Toniu Fonoti, OG, Nebraska
I am a$suming that since they have interviewed every single FA safety there is, they wil have one by the draft, so I have them upgrading their oline. Eddie runs up the middle so why not have a road grader leading the way?

15)NY Giants - Ashley Lelie, WR, Hawai'i
Another team that could go in a few directions. Lelie would give them a legitimate deep threat and another option for Collins. Would make the offense very dangerous.

16)Cleveland - Wiliam Green, RB, Boston College
They need a RB and Oline help. They could get a good Olineman here, or the best RB in the draft, should be a no brainer. Better Oline depth then RB depth in this class.

17)Atanta - Josh Reed, WR, LSU
Nobody questions his ability to cath and run after the catch, the big question was his speed. He ran a 4.45 40 at LSU and that should guarentee him in the middle of the first round. A good weapon for Vick.

18)Washington - Joey Harrington, QB, Oregon
I can't really see him lasting this long, but look at the teams that pick before Washington, they all have young QB's to develope. A trade is possible and Harrington wil probobly be gone, but for now I have him here. Washington would be happy to have him.

19)Denver - Kalimba Edwards, DE, South Carolina
Lacked a serious pass rush outside of Trevor Pryce. Edwards would give them a force off the edge, something they need.

20)Seattle - Jeremy Shockey, TE, Miami
If they get Sharpe then this pick will be D line, if not look for the Seahawks to take a TE, and I believe Shockey is the best one in the draft. Great receiver who would help whatever QB is throwing the ball.

21)Oakland - TJ Duckett, RB, Michigan State
Can't see him falling any further. Raiders need to replace Wheatly and Duckett would become the best back on their roster, maybe only behind Garner. Will eventualy start in rookie season.

22)NY Jets - Ed Reed, S, Miami
Safety problems are over for the Jets if they select Reed. Super ballhawk that has enough punch in "smallish" frame to play the run. Could also look DT.

23)Baltimore - Antonio Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh
Super talent with some character issues. Not major issues but they are there none the less. Teamed with his less then spectacular 40 time, he should fall to the bottom half of round 1. Skills shouldn't allow him to drop much further.

24)Oakland - Napolean Harris, LB, Northwestern
Best LB in class and the Raiders definately need an infusion of youth into this unit. Wont have to play too much in his first year, should help him develope into good LB next year.

25)New Orleans - Daniel Graham, TE, Colorado
Picked up a WR with first pick, now get another position of need on offense. Might be pressed into early action with the lack of depth/skill in NO at the TE position.

26)Philadelphia - Andre Gurode, OG/C, Colorado
Philly needs some skill for their interior of the line Gurode has versitility to play all 3 positions inside which shoud benefit him and get him on the field early. Very good pick at this number.

27)San Francisco - Javon Walker, WR, Florida State
Fits the mold of the SF receiver, Big Strong Fast. Secured a spot in RD. 1 with his 4.32 40 at the combine. Garcia and co. get another valuble weapon.

28)Green Bay - Eddie Freeman, DT, UAB
Big DT with good speed(4.91) and quickness. Might be able to play LE in spots. Would add good talent to the interior of their line where both of last years starters are FAs.

29)Chicago - Charles Grant, DE, Gergia
Has skyrocketed up the charts and is now in borderline first round territory. The bears want to come away with a pass rusher in this draft and they very well coud find a keeper with their fist pick.

30)Pittsburgh - Lito Sheppard, CB, Florida
Would add a prospect to the CB and a legit superstar return man for the special teams. Brash young player with big upside. Could be stater in 2nd season.

31)St. Louis - Jabar Gaffney, WR, Florida
Would give them a 3 headed monster at WR. Dropped after workouts but would be a steal and would shine in the wide open Rams attack. Upgrade over Hakim.

32)New England - Keyuo Craver, CB, Nebraska
Few glaring weaknesses, one is youth in the secondary. Could be a good pick and a good nickle back as a rookie. Eventual replacement for Otis "My Man" Smith.

Hack away with comments.....

Comments

Looks good. Dont you think Buffalo is lookin to get Harrington though? And IMO Roy Williams will end up in Minnesota and their depleted secondary. I doubt Harrington will be around for Washington to steal. Wheres William Green? I like Charles Grant in Chicago... good call.

But I like your post.

If Buffalo doesn't take Harrington, it is already a known fact that he will fall all the way to Washington.

EddieIrvine13, I think there is a pretty good chance Buffalo will take Bryant McKinnie.

They will then take the best QB prospect available in the 2nd round.

Thats just what I think will happen.

The draft doesn't even start until the Fins pick......;)

The Bills just signed Teague. They will not draft an OT in the draft. They have another second year player who started for almost all of last year. IMO they will try to trade down and/or pick Joey Harrington. Also, I believe that San Diego will then take McKinnie with their pick.

Back
Top Bottom