Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft

Nick13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
this is considering no change to our current picks.

1-Ted Ginn Jr- WR Ohio St.- i know he isnt the popular choice on the boards, but i think this is where Cam will go. he's got return abilities, and is apparently like a brother to Chambers which hopefully can improve our offensive chemistry. plus, i'd love to be able to say we have a CBGB package in the game, Chambers, Booker, Ginn, Brown. :chuckle:

2-Ryan Kalil-C USC- building from the inside out means we need a strong center for the next 8-10 years and i think Kalil is our guy. solidifies the line, gives us good depth and allows Hadnot to fill a guard position, making Shelton and his contract expendable saving us cap room.

2-Arron Sears-T Tennessee- he isnt the most prototypical or physically gifted tackle in the draft, and i wouldnt be suprised to see Cam deal our two second rounders to get back in the first round and try to grab Joe Staley, but if we keep this pick Sears is the guy, gives us solid options at tackle and again, makes Shelton and his contract expendable.

3-Daymeion Hughes- CB California- For some reason his stock has dropped, but i dont mind at all, he's proven himself a top corner by playing in the Pac-10 against the awesome offenses there. he's a solid tackler and has a decent nose for the ball.

4-Chris Henry-RB Arizona- has all the measurables, size, speed, quickness, he left early because he felt he would be under utilized in Sonny Dykes spread offense. he didnt put up the greatest numbers at U of A, but he could easily be considered on of the top ten athletes in the draft. he has the ability to run guys over, but also has wicked acceleration that can leave guys choking on dust, and soft hands out of the backfield. trust me, Cam is already licking his chops because of all the ways he can use this guy.

5- pissed away on another teams mediocre at best QB, oh well, at least it wasnt a second...

6-Michael Johnson-SS Arizona- ok, so shoot me for my U of A bias. he is a smart player who knows where he is supposed to be on the field. he wont make any highlight reels, but he wont make the gag reels either. he's a quiet, solid player that does what the coaches ask.

6- C.J. Ah You- DE Oklahoma-tough kid with decent size, injects some youth into the DE position, he looks to me like a Vonnie Holliday type, where he is solid against the run and is a decent pass rusher as well, and can alternate between the inside and outside.

7-Matt Spaeth- TE Minnesota- he's a big guy, standing at 6'6'', so he makes a helluva target in the redzone, hasnt recieved much fanfare because Minnesota likes to run the ball a lot. that said, he is a serviceable blocker, and i think will give us another weapon in goal line/ three TE sets.

there you go. like i said, its not filled with a ton of big names or huge impact players, but these guys will fill needs, and become solid players. ask CK or Boomer about these guys, and they'll let you know.

No replies? really? i guess it must either be that good or that bad.

Actually it is pretty good and very realalistic. If it was bad u get more replies making fun of u, its human nature I like to do also. I would love to have Ginn just a Dynamic player that u can do so much with. Real high on Kahil also just hope he is there in the second cause that way we can move Hadnot back to gaurd were I think he is better. Only thing is I would try and get a QB like Kolb or Edwards in there.

Okay, Dont like Ginn at 9. 12-15 and pick up another quality pick, then great.
Kalil would be a nice pick as would Sears.
Daymeion Hughes is also a nice pick.
Chris Henry in the 4th? You have got to be kidding right?:shakeno:
Michael Johnson?:lol: :lol: :shakeno:

Ah You. Shouldnt have..:D Actually a nice pick.
I seriously doubt Spaeth makes it his far..but if he does, a very very nice pick...

About the U of A bias...I live in Tucson:cooldude:, Ive seen these kids play-Dont see either going that high

EDIT: Actually after looking deeper at Ah You-Very bad pick. This kid got kicked off the BYU squad for getting into it with Team-mates-and other off field issues. No thanks.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/cjahyou.html

I like the first two picks very much. It would be especially nice if Kalil could fall to our first 2nd round pick. I don't know enough about the others to make comments on them at this time.

Hopefully we can trade down and still get Ginn, that would add an extra pick. I'm interested in Carson Palmer's little brother Jordan.

I would be extremely disappointed if we drafted Hughes at almost any point. He doesn't fit our D at all.

Okay, Dont like Ginn at 9. 12-15 and pick up another quality pick, then great.
Kalil would be a nice pick as would Sears.
Daymeion Hughes is also a nice pick.
Chris Henry in the 4th? You have got to be kidding right?:shakeno:
Michael Johnson?:lol: :lol: :shakeno:

Ah You. Shouldnt have..:D Actually a nice pick.
I seriously doubt Spaeth makes it his far..but if he does, a very very nice pick...

About the U of A bias...I live in Tucson:cooldude:, Ive seen these kids play-Dont see either going that high

EDIT: Actually after looking deeper at Ah You-Very bad pick. This kid got kicked off the BYU squad for getting into it with Team-mates-and other off field issues. No thanks.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/cjahyou.html

the Michael Johnson pick was my U of A bias, but watch out for Chris Henry, seriously the kid is a freak. he ran most of last year behind a freshman line and often times was relied on to be the whole offense when Tuitama went down. given the right system, he could become a beast in certain situations.

and i honestly had no idea about Ah-You's off-field issues, i was merely basing this on on field performance, but you're right that isnt everything, maybe he isnt the best pick.

Hopefully we can trade down and still get Ginn, that would add an extra pick. I'm interested in Carson Palmer's little brother Jordan.

this is actually what i hope we do, we can slide down to about 14/15, and Ginn will most likely be there, if not, grab Meachem. and we will most likely pick up a second rounder if i am remember the chart correctly, which would make getting back into the bottom of the first round to make a run at Joe Staley a much more viable option.

could be
1-Ginn Jr.
1-Staley
2-Staele (SP?, the kid from Hawai'i)

not to shabby.

this is actually what i hope we do, we can slide down to about 14/15, and Ginn will most likely be there, if not, grab Meachem. and we will most likely pick up a second rounder if i am remember the chart correctly, which would make getting back into the bottom of the first round to make a run at Joe Staley a much more viable option.

could be
1-Ginn Jr.
1-Staley
2-Staele (SP?, the kid from Hawai'i)

not to shabby.

Now my mouth is watering. But in all honesty, we might still be able to get Satele in third round:wink:

Ginn, Staley, big Samson and pick up another nice pick...

Samson Satele can be read about here
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/c/samsonsatele.html

Back
Top Bottom