R1 Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
R2 Michael Dieter, G, Wisconsin
R3 Jaylon Ferguson, DE, La. Tech
R4 Dontavious Russel, NT, Auburn
R5 Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo
R6 Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State
R7 Mook Reynolds, CB, Virginia Tech
R7 Ulysees Gilbert III, ILB, Akron

I thought A. Johnson might be a good pickup if Parker is done. He has the height that a lot of our receivers don't. Mattison might be an upgrade on second or third string RB, which we might see due to injury.

Reynolds got himself kicked off the team at VT for selling drugs. Ended up at some small college in Texas. Last I heard his apartment burned down and him and his brother were lucky to get out alive.

Been a long time Rafiki - good to see you posting.

Thanks.

I haven't posted but I've lurked constantly. This moniker doesn't even really fit me anymore because it was kind of a stoner nickname back from the year 2000. LOL

I didn't know about the Mook burning down his apartment thing. I knew he would be a risk but you're the master when it comes to research.

Just finished watching Drew Lock in his final bowl game today. He was amazing and once again looked great. I'm a huge fan. He throws great deep and seems very afoot running the read option. He a big kid with some toughness to him. He seems to have improved over his 2017 season. I'd love Lock in a Miami uniform, but there are holes in his game that may cause him to slide. Not sure if he's worthy of the 13th selection. But if Miami were to trade down and took him late 1st or quite possibly in the middle of the 2nd, perhaps you pull the trigger. He's got tools, it's his flaws that need some improvements. Hopefully with pro coaching he gets it righted?

Last edited:
I mean, you look at Peyton Manning's first season, and you can see that growth continues into the professional career.

Looking at Lock, he looks like he might be as good as Aaron Rodgers was at California, coming into his draft.

Aaron Rodgers at his last year in California was 24 tds 8 interceptions, 66.1 percent completion.
Drew Lock is 25 tds 8 interceptions, 63.1 percent completion.

I've only really looked at QB's during the season, like Lock in the first as long as we are not trading up for him, he's worth the riskl if we stay pat, but think he may end up in Denver. Elway was at his last game of the season where in terrible conditions he was excellent again, he really closed out the season exceptionally well. There will be some hype about he kid, because of his career stats "bettter in the SEC than Peyton Manning", his arm talent, excellent size and his athletic ability. I doubt he slides like one poster above said, unless something bad comes out during the process, feel he could well be over drafted though to a top 10 pick, which he probably is not.

Back
Top Bottom