Mock drafts plus why it will be hard to draft a QB this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock drafts plus why it will be hard to draft a QB this year

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Well I have kicked this draft to death and there are many variables to consider that I just decided to rely on the history of this team for the last 3 drafts to make my prediction along with the theme this year draft of adding speed to the team.
1. In past drafts the defensive and offensive lines have been the priority on this team.
2. Look for the glaring holes on the team. The past three years our first round picks have been spent on the areas of need. This year the running back position as well as the offensive line is a need area.
Drafting a QB has been the theme on this forum and I am betting against it happening this year but I am not opposed to it either.
Talking about the QB position these are the issues that keep surfacing when I consider us drafting a QB.
1. Offensive weapons and protection. What kind of talent on offense could we provide the kid this year?
2. Pressure to play the QB rookie in his first year. If we draft a QB there will be huge pressure to bench Henne play that rookie QB right away. Without a running game and offensive line that could absolutely ruin the kid.
3. Henne has no real incentive to play this year? Knowing this is last year no matter how well he plays all he would accomplish this year would be to expose himself to injury.
4. Ireland and Sporano could loose their jobs over this decision. New rookie QB no offensive weapon and we can probably throw our record out the window this year.

Soo I am proposing two draft senario’s the first with a trade down with out drafting a QB which is what I believe is going to happen and the second with staying pat and possibly even taking that coveted QB in the first round.

Miami Draft
Scenario 1 trade back in first round for #24 pick and choose the safest pick

1st Pick in 1st round #24 OT G Carimi / Mike Pouncy / A Costanzo / M Ingram
2nd Trade Pick in 2nd round RB M Leshoure Ill RB/ R Williams VT RB / D Thomas KS RB / M Gilbert OT / R Hudson
2. 3rd Pick in 3rd round DJ Williams TE / Virgil Green TE / R Housler TE
3. 4th Pick in the 4th round R Helu RB/ S Vereen RB / A Green RB
4. 5th Pick in the 5th round J Brewer OT / O Franklin G / D Newton OT
5. 6th Pick in the 6th round D Moore WR / A Robinson WR / L Jean WR
6. 7th Pick in the 7th round OLB M Mohamed Calif/ R Winterswyk DE Boise State
7. 8th Pick in the 7th round N Irving ILB /
8. 9th Pick in the 7th round FB Clay FB/

Senario 2 Stay and #15 and pick Balne Gabbert or best OT avialable

1. 1st Pick in the 1st round #15 B Gabbert QB/ OT G Carimi / A Costanzo
2. 2nd Pick in the 3rd round D Thomas KS RB / D Carter RB/ R Helu RB
3. 3rd Pick in the 4th round O Franklin OT / G / J Brewer OT / L Ziemba OT
4. 4th Pick in the 5th round T Jones RB/ A Green RB / D Scott MD RB