2a. Connor Barwin DE/OLB Cincinnati
2b. Ron Brace DT Boston College
3. J Iglesias WR Oklahoma
4. AQ Shipley C Penn St
5 F. Joseph ILB Florida Atlantic
6 M Hundley CB Arizona
7a J Ganz QB Nebraska goodbye Beck
7b D Reynolds OL BYUxkpgew

Not bad. However, I'm not sold on Shipley. A lot of people around here blasted Satele for having short arms. Shipley's are just as short if not shorter.

That would be a hack of a draft....I just don't know if those guys will be there when we pick especially Barwin and Brace....I really like those guys. Sean Smith should be there, unless we go with D. Butler of UConn. Also we may not need a Center now with Grove here and Satele gone.

1. Sean Smith CB/S Utah
2a. Connor Barwin DE/OLB Cincinnati
2b. Ron Brace DT Boston College
3. J Iglesias WR Oklahoma
4. AQ Shipley C Penn St
5 F. Joseph ILB Florida Atlantic
6 M Hundley CB Arizona
7a J Ganz QB Nebraska goodbye Beck
7b D Reynolds OL BYUxkpgew

My opinion:
You first 4 picks are fine and typical choices in many Dolphins mock drafts. So is 5th rounder Frantz Joseph.
Shipley is a 6th rounder at the very most. He will need to go to a team with a zone blocking scheme to have a chance. His 6'1 frame and short 29 3/4 inch arms will hinder him in the NFL. He doesn't fit Miami's scheme at all. Late round centers who would fit include Ed Williams, Maryland, Juan Garcia, Washington. Also Dallas Reynolds whom you have in the 7th and he would be a nice choice there. No reason to take Shipley if you are going to take Reynolds anyway.
Hundley isn't ranked now high enough amongst the corners to likely be drafted either. NFLDS ranks him as the 80th corner.
Same with Ganz. He is ranked like the 38th QB. He is barely 6' tall and about 210, not ideal QB size. So not likely to be drafted, although he may make a good Wildcat QB if we wanted to draft an athletic QB primarily for that role.

Back
Top Bottom