Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock

RalphX19X said:
I would like our top 4 picks to be:

1) QB- Jay Cutler- Prototype size; has got a great arm that can make any throw; tough pocket passer who will stand inside the pocket until the last moment to make the throw, great mechanics with a compact release and good holding and releasing points, does a good job of going through his progressions, has great mobility and can do damage with his feet when needed (averaged 350 rushing yards a year in his career), very durable, good accuracy, has carried the very limited Vanderbilt team on his back and led them to a great 4-0 start this year; amazing leader who was named Team Captain 3 times, can make an accurate throw on the run; has lots of experience starting at QB for 4 years

2) OT- Andrew Whitworth- Punishing run blocker who creates huge lanes for rushers, uses his size advantage over opponents very well, has huge upside and could develope into an elite tackle in the NFL for years, has started 39 games and counting in the tough SEC so injuries do not appear to be a problem with him

3) SS- Daniel Bullocks- Ready for the NFL type safety. Follows his identical twin brother, Josh Bullocks, who left college one year early. Hard, instinctive hitter. Adjusts well and is very coachable. Trains hard.

4) OLB- Pierre Woods- Great size, can line up at DE or OLB, strong player, can hold his own against big O Linemen, great pass rusher, can bull rush effectively and use his speed off the edge, Has some fire to him, allways goes hard.

I think Whitworth will last until the 3rd round. No need to jump too early.

fishfan34 said:
I like it.. McNeil or Justice in the 1st would be fine with me. My only changed would be Pat Watkins from FSU in the second.. I think he has the talent and the intelligence needed in Saban's system. But I love Croyle and Jackson. Jackson and Manny would be a nice platoon system....

Watkins or Blue are definite possibilities. Either one would be great in round two. I kind of expect Saban to move Daniels to safety, though, so finding a corner might be a bigger need. Honestly, I think the secondary needs a major overhaul. I'm not even sure Daniels will be a long-term starter.

SpeedRush99 said:
I hope you mean falls into the mid second for Cromartie, a solid combine could put him late first.

Lawson would be a great pick in the 2nd, or Carpenter if he's still there, which I doubt.

I think both will go late first, early second. It would be awesome to get either one.

RalphX19X said:
I would like our top 4 picks to be:

1) QB- Jay Cutler- Prototype size; has got a great arm that can make any throw; tough pocket passer who will stand inside the pocket until the last moment to make the throw, great mechanics with a compact release and good holding and releasing points, does a good job of going through his progressions, has great mobility and can do damage with his feet when needed (averaged 350 rushing yards a year in his career), very durable, good accuracy, has carried the very limited Vanderbilt team on his back and led them to a great 4-0 start this year; amazing leader who was named Team Captain 3 times, can make an accurate throw on the run; has lots of experience starting at QB for 4 years

2) OT- Andrew Whitworth- Punishing run blocker who creates huge lanes for rushers, uses his size advantage over opponents very well, has huge upside and could develope into an elite tackle in the NFL for years, has started 39 games and counting in the tough SEC so injuries do not appear to be a problem with him

3) SS- Daniel Bullocks- Ready for the NFL type safety. Follows his identical twin brother, Josh Bullocks, who left college one year early. Hard, instinctive hitter. Adjusts well and is very coachable. Trains hard.

4) OLB- Pierre Woods- Great size, can line up at DE or OLB, strong player, can hold his own against big O Linemen, great pass rusher, can bull rush effectively and use his speed off the edge, Has some fire to him, allways goes hard.

Switch Whitworth with Daryn Colledge from Boise St. and I love your first 4 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom