Mods - Request to Dial Back the “Merges” | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mods - Request to Dial Back the “Merges”

I've always thought an original idea on a similar topic always deserves its own thread. Especially if it's presented as such. Merges should really only be done if there are multiple posts on a specific event or transaction. No reason for 2 threads giving out the exact same update or information. I feel as a long time member and Admin of Finheaven, that every poster has the right and should be encouraged to post any original idea they have about any topic, as long as it is posted in the correct forum, and doesn't violate the terms of our TOS. Moderation can be a slippery slope. No pay involved, it's a total labor of love. And Daytona Fin and Disturbed Shifty are 2 of the best we have. Keeping the forums clean and sifting through every thread and post can be a hard hustle. And they do an amazing job. We appreciate your feedback. It's what the Questions and Suggestions forum is all about. Hope you feel you've been heard.

g that if Tua blows out his ACL

Trust me you'll know if he blows out an ACL, the site will crash, half the posters will commit suicide, a quarter will blow their funny fuse, and the other quarter will be left picking up the pieces..but yes i understand what you mean.

With all due respect, this is the worst type of reply.

You essentially just said "Its my forum. I do what I want. Go elsewhere if you don't like it".

Which is fine, but we are just trying to help you.

This forum will eventually die, just like millions of others have, if you don't adapt.

Best of luck.

I'm a nobody here but the site has been around for a long ass time. and im sure sites that have been around longer have died off, it is what it is, but that is just as much as peoples lives changing and the site not marketing to the new individuals to replace the old. From outside looking in, IMHO the issue in hand isnt the sum of the threads but the content of them and keeping people 100% on content. we will put it back into Dolphins perspective to avoid the "Go to draft forum"... We could easily have 1000 posts on Rosen. Why Josh Rosen should be our future... okay awesome great thread but how many times are they going to have to delete Rosen is not our future, Tua is... Well i saw another post up "how many wins would it take to consider Rosen elite" okay the same posters are going to be commenting in this section with the same as above, "it doesnt matter how many wins he has tua is our future."

Im sure there was a breaking thread yesterday "rosen starts sunday"... while this is the third different topic, at some point in that thread you are going to read, awesome, rosen gets us 8 wins with this **** squad then he should be considered elite..and then a couple replies commenting on that", and then you are going to get "they are just trying to get him killed for tua, see where they need to build up the line for tua next season"...

That is more the issue and why i see the mergers, its not the thread itself, but its the fact that the content of the thread always turns out to be the same thing if it makes it beyond 1/2 pages. and do you really need 1000 1/2 page threads on similiar topics.

And as far as sports reporters and their articles go. Yes every week you could probably lump Omar, Hyde, Safid, Mando and all the others in to one huge click, because they all same pretty much the same exact thing, just slightly varied opinions.

I've always thought an original idea on a similar topic always deserves its own thread. Especially if it's presented as such. Merges should really only be done if there are multiple posts on a specific event or transaction. No reason for 2 threads giving out the exact same update or information. I feel as a long time member and Admin of Finheaven, that every poster has the right and should be encouraged to post any original idea they have about any topic, as long as it is posted in the correct forum, and doesn't violate the terms of our TOS. Moderation can be a slippery slope. No pay involved, it's a total labor of love. And Daytona Fin and Disturbed Shifty are 2 of the best we have. Keeping the forums clean and sifting through every thread and post can be a hard hustle. And they do an amazing job. We appreciate your feedback. It's what the Questions and Suggestions forum is all about. Hope you feel you've been heard.
Hi D Day. Thank you for the post. Awesome attitude

Back
Top Bottom