Monday Night Countdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Night Countdown

Originally posted by davster82
I liked Dennis Miller better than Madden. MNF is almost unwatchable with Madden. I'll enjoy giving Rush a chance.

Originally posted by rafael
I agree. MNF was more entertaining with Miller. I'll give Rush a chance. I don't listen to his show, but that has nothing to do with his football comentary.

Rush or Miller have no business being on Monday night football. Madden knows his football and knows what he is talking about. He said it best when asked about Miller and said something like "what do you mean his knowledge of football? has he ever played football? or coached it?"
and I agree.. Miller and Rush add nothing to the game but some sorry humor.. it doesn't belong, I watch football for football, not for some goof to try and make me laugh. You can say what you want about Madden but he knows his football..
If you want comedy switch over to the comedy channel.

Rush is going to bring even more ignorance to Monday Night Countdown. He should keep his stupidity on his own damn show.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Rush or Miller have no business being on Monday night football. Madden knows his football and knows what he is talking about. He said it best when asked about Miller and said something like "what do you mean his knowledge of football? has he ever played football? or coached it?"
and I agree..

While having played or coached football does give a commentator added insight, it is far from a prerequisite for calling a game. Prime example: Howard Cosell. Prime example #2: Bob Costas.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

and I agree.. Miller and Rush add nothing to the game but some sorry humor.. it doesn't belong, I watch football for football, not for some goof to try and make me laugh. You can say what you want about Madden but he knows his football..
If you want comedy switch over to the comedy channel.

Madden used to add stuff that was interesting. Now he says things like "If you throw the ball and the wr catches it in the endzone its a touchdown" Hardly, insightful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like some are bringing their politics into this. I like Dennis Miller except when he was doing MNF. He brought nothing to the game. I like Rush too, but since I don't know what his knowledge of football is, I will withhold judgement. To ridicule the man before he does even one show is a little odd.

They sit Limbaugh on one side to balance the studio floor, the whole building leans wherever Berman sits. Both of them so fat they take up 2 seats. They quit putting TJ next to Berman, and he treats his ol' buddy like an afterthought, even has said offhanded putdowns if you watch closely.

NFL trying to use scare tactics and make more cable viewers go DTV... if I want to hear his insights to football I would watch his lame show and they could have 5 minutes for football. Disney must have bought the parent company to his show out and now are trying to expand his audience.

Oprah is next, and could probably talk just as good a game or better. ESPN is a no vote unless it is NFL films...

Back
Top Bottom