More Bad News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Bad News

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins | Perry Injures Knee, Out for Season - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:55:53 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Miami Dolphins TE/LS Ed Perry (knee) suffered a season-ending knee injury during practice this week.

That is 4 guys now that is out for the season.

But on that thread they were saying it was last year article. This is from kffl.

As of Thursday..

Dude said:
Total BS!

He was at practice yesterday and signed autographs afterwards chatting with the fans. He's fine!

So, unless it happened yesterday..No other media outlet is reporting this.

I am very confused right now. I dont know what to believe.

I just don't see how KFFL would be more privy to this info than any of the local media. I think it's a mistake.

i just read the same thing on kffl. what the heck is going on!! i hope that it is last years thing.

kffl probably misread the same article that the other place did... no news of it ANYWHERE else.

This is from the link KFFL has:

Sloppy conditions earlier this week added to a miserable training camp for the Dolphins when long snapper Ed Perry slipped on the field and suffered a season-ending knee injury. That was after Pro Bowl running back Ricky Williams unexpectedly announced his retirement and wide receiver David Boston was lost for the year with a tendon injury.
Now I don't know what to believe.

Regardless of whether its true or not. We didn't have him last year. And he doesn't contribute a whole lot with the exception of special teams. We will still be ok with or without him.

Holy crap, this isn't bogus! Its actually on KFFL. They referenced an article that Vito Stellino wrote for the Jaguars and they mentioned that sloppy conditions contributed to a horrible training camp for Miami, as Ed Perry tore an ACL that ended his season.

This was a RECENT article too, dated today.

God I hope this Vito Stellino guy didn't just scoop Miami local reporters, I hope he meant Chris Akins, or just had bogus info!

When I was looking up info the last time we thought perry was out for the season, I found this... even if he is gone again this season... I wouldn't be too terribly worried.

phinphanphrommi said:
Lookin for an article, I DID find this:

''There's always pressure, and you have to succeed through it,'' the rookie from Louisiana-Lafayette said. Delahoussaye, listed as strictly a long snapper for the Dolphins, has fired 700 snaps in his amateur and professional career and botched only one. The Dolphins, who have had Ed Perry as their long snapper for several seasons, signed Delahoussaye, 24, after watching a tape of him snapping the ball through a tire and hitting the goal post from more than 15 yards.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9321452.htm

To say this happened last week... I'd have to say this is a bogus report.

Ed Perry is one of, if not the best long snaper in the league. ST suffered without him last year, I hope this isn't true.

Back
Top Bottom