More Day 2 Senior Bowl News | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Day 2 Senior Bowl News

It is very clear their are two camps around here.

1. LOVES Rivers and will not listen to anyone that questions anything about him, (excluding the fact their not scouts)

2. The ones who feel his arm is not strong enough to throw a consistent deep ball.

Camp 1 will not listen at all to anything anyone says.

Camp 2 can't decide how important the arm strength is.

BTW, to the people citing Marino, have you EVER heard an exec come out and straight tell the media they don't like someones arm strength? Almost always it will say "AN AFC exec said his arm was terrible" or something to that effect.

So just because Marino says he like his size and arm doesn't mean that is his clear intention come draft day.

As for Rivers accuracy with the deep ball, i have seen 2 games where he threw the ball deep and connected. Remember that when you throw deep, you are not going to be as accurate and if he's missing some balls deep in the Senior Bowl is b/c he's not use to his new receivers breakaway speed. Throwing medium and short passes is something that he can adapt to quickly. Just look at tape to see what he's really made up of and not grade him on 1 weeks worth of "practice" at the Senior Bowl. How he performs in game time situatuions is what really counts.

Originally posted by Noland
Just by what I hear of Losman's attitude I don't like him when you come in to the league an think you are better than any one else an you have'nt done a damn thing you will get burned. Confidence is one thing but being a prick is another.

I love the long ball it will turn a game around fast but that is not the most important thing. Marino was not a long ball passer but he has got 24 passing records and 2 tied records. Don't get me wrong Marino could sling a ball just not 65 70 yards. He was good at crossing pattern's and 40 50 yard an reciever run the rest of the way the same way I seen Rivers throw.

I agree that Rivers is the choice if we go QB. I hate the idea of Losman and have heard he may be another Ryan Leaf. Prob not Leaf but perhaps Rob Johnson. Looks good on Paper, aloof-not popular, cannon arm, poor decision making, holds the ball too long, runs fairly well and athletic. Sounds like L<Osman and Johnson. Ask Buffalo if another Rob Johnson would be a good idea.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom