More Evidence of Dinosaur Thinking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Evidence of Dinosaur Thinking

Generic Name

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Last 3 drafts. Zero guards taken in top 10 (Hey, Jimmy!) but a slew of OT's who have made little impact:

Jason Smith
Andre Smith
Eugene Smith

Trent Williams

Tyron Smith

I know the apologists and half-wits are going to come out screaming that it is too soon to judge but drafting an OL in first ten picks is dumb. Get a playmaker or some facts, Jimmy.

Tyron Smith has been having a great season and the Cowboys oline went from one of the worst in the league last year to one of the better ones this season. Not only are they better in pass-protection but their running game is much better than last year. Not saying it's all him but an OT can definitely make a noticeable impact.

Last 3 drafts. Zero guards taken in top 10 (Hey, Jimmy!) but a slew of OT's who have made little impact:

Jason Smith
Andre Smith
Eugene Smith

Trent Williams

Tyron Smith

I know the apologists and half-wits are going to come out screaming that it is too soon to judge but drafting an OL in first ten picks is dumb. Get a playmaker or some facts, Jimmy.
The thing that scares me if Ireland stays is that there is a guard this year (DeCastro) that could be deserving of a top ten pick.

Eugene Monroe has actually been a decent OT for Jacksonville. The problem there is they have really struggled getting skill players.

Jason Smith is an ok RT when healthy, but yeah, a disappointment for number 2 overall.

I don't understand people people shocked Andre Smith has struggled. He was having a good season at RT before getting hurt, but the kid has no work ethic. He got sent home from the combine.

Trent Williams was an interesting pick that only went above Okung because Mike Shannahan felt he was a better fit for the Zone Blocking Scheme.

Tyron Smith is actually a decent player.

The problem isn't being physical. The problem is actually projecting how these players will develop or fit a system.

Back
Top Bottom