More McMichael Overlooking.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More McMichael Overlooking....

Superself said:
No it doesn't. Randy would be more effective if they gave the ball to him more. Production wise he would be up there if they would throw the ball to Randy. Like I said, Gonzo is targeted more.

BTW, I dunno if other FinFans caught your slight at Chambers, but you are dead wrong there. Chambers is better than Amani Toomer!

The key word in your sentence is WOULD. he doesn't get those opportunities so he cannot be compared w/ those top tier TEs. Again, don't confuse this w/ me saying he's not good b/c he is very good- he's just not great and Shockey and TG are great.

Chambers is not better than toomer. You obviously haven't watched Amani play very much.

In a down year last year Toomer had 63 catches for 1,057 yards and 5 TDs. In his best season Chambers had 64 catches for 963 yards and 11 TDs. Did Chambers have a better year? It was close but the TD #s push him ahead but again that was his best year and a down year for Toomer. The last 5 years Toomer has averaged 75 catches, 1,146 yards and 6 TDs a year. Calling a player who has yet to have a 1,000 yard season better is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

FiN.in.RI said:
he obiously doesn;t know what hes talking about. :)

he IS a jets fan.:roflmao:

Show me the #s, prove me wrong. You can't do it b/c I am right.

McMichael is constantly being overlooked as one of the best TE's in the league simply because he's not given the ball enough.

I've been arguing with my friends about the fact that McMichael is one of the best pass catching TE's in the league, and thats when I run into problems. I can't say he's the best blocking TE because I've seen him miss blocks in the past.

Besides that, I will argue that McMichael is among the top 5 TE's in the NFL.

I really hope we run some 2 TE sets this year with Lee.

nyjunc said:
The key word in your sentence is WOULD. he doesn't get those opportunities so he cannot be compared w/ those top tier TEs. Again, don't confuse this w/ me saying he's not good b/c he is very good- he's just not great and Shockey and TG are great.

Chambers is not better than toomer. You obviously haven't watched Amani play very much.

In a down year last year Toomer had 63 catches for 1,057 yards and 5 TDs. In his best season Chambers had 64 catches for 963 yards and 11 TDs. Did Chambers have a better year? It was close but the TD #s push him ahead but again that was his best year and a down year for Toomer. The last 5 years Toomer has averaged 75 catches, 1,146 yards and 6 TDs a year. Calling a player who has yet to have a 1,000 yard season better is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Man you are going to get eaten alive here!

You dismiss the most important stat....TDs. 11TDS is more important than yardage any day.
You take the yards, I'll take the WR who hits the homerun. :rolleyes:

nyjunc said:
You obviously haven't watched Amani play very much.

Oh, and I just moved from the Bronx. I have watched TOO much of Toomer. He is a punk WR IMO. He drops wayyyyy too many balls. He takes too many downs off.
Don't get me started in comparing athleticism....Chambers wins hands down.

Superself said:
Man you are going to get eaten alive here!

You dismiss the most important stat....TDs. 11TDS is more important than yardage any day.
You take the yards, I'll take the WR who hits the homerun. :rolleyes:

I said last year Chambers had a better year but that was his BEST season and a down year for Toomer. I am completely unbiased in this argument and I suspect others who are unbiased would agree w/ me. The truth is in the #s and 1 slightly better year cannot overtake 4 other very good seasons by Toomer.

I guess you would agree that Santana Moss is better than Chambers? In 4 less starts Santana had 10 more catches, 142 more yards and 1 less TD than Chambers.

maybe they might want to wait till Chambers plays 4 full seasons.

nyjunc said:
I said last year Chambers had a better year but that was his BEST season and a down year for Toomer. I am completely unbiased in this argument and I suspect others who are unbiased would agree w/ me. The truth is in the #s and 1 slightly better year cannot overtake 4 other very good seasons by Toomer.
You also have to keep in mind that Toomer has a lot more experience and he played in a more pass-happy offense.
Chambers has 3 years in the league. Toomer did jack sh*t in his first 3 years.
If Chambers isn't already better than Toomer, he surely will surpass him this year.
Seriously, if the Giants had the choice between Toomer and Chambers, who do you think they would take?

Superself said:
Oh, and I just moved from the Bronx. I have watched TOO much of Toomer. He is a punk WR IMO. He drops wayyyyy too many balls. He takes too many downs off.
Don't get me started in comparing athleticism....Chambers wins hands down.

I've seen chambers drop a few, unfortunately the stats don't keep drops b/c i'd love to know the drop 3s on Amani & CC.

LIQUID24 said:
You also have to keep in mind that Toomer has a lot more experience and he played in a more pass-happy offense.
Chambers has 3 years in the league. Toomer did jack sh*t in his first 3 years.
If Chambers isn't already better than Toomer, he surely will surpass him this year.
Seriously, if the Giants had the choice between Toomer and Chambers, who do you think they would take?

Toomer took longer to develop, he didn't get a chance to play much his first few years and the giants were terrible. Chambers walked into a good situation and has started most of his games so his #s in his first few seasons are better than Amani's were but he has a way to go to surpass what Amani has done for the past 5 years.

I couldn't imagine ANY GM taking Chambers over Toomer and that isn't a knock on CC it's more of a comliment to Amani. CC is a good WR who appears to be getting better but Amani is one of the best outside of the top group of Moss, Harrison & co.

nyjunc said:
Toomer took longer to develop, he didn't get a chance to play much his first few years and the giants were terrible. Chambers walked into a good situation and has started most of his games so his #s in his first few seasons are better than Amani's were but he has a way to go to surpass what Amani has done for the past 5 years.

I couldn't imagine ANY GM taking Chambers over Toomer and that isn't a knock on CC it's more of a comliment to Amani. CC is a good WR who appears to be getting better but Amani is one of the best outside of the top group of Moss, Harrison & co.

I'm sorry dude, but I seriously disagree. Maybe it is because I play fantasy football, but I still think that TDs are more important that yardage. I guess it is who is more valuable IMO. Who is the bigger threat? I'd have to say Chambers.
If Chambers and Toomer were on the same team, I'd put more coverage Chamber's side than Toomer's....even if I played someone with that scenario in Madden 2004. Chambers is better hands down.

I have to disagree. Maybe 5 years ago with the knowledge that Toomer is going to have 4 good seasons, then maybe GMs would take Toomer over Chambers. However right now, and how things stand now, I don't see one GM taking Toomer over Chambers. Why would you take a WR on the downside of his career over a WR who is going to get better and better?

I wish we could know for sure, but I seriously doubt any GM would take Toomer over Chambers.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Superself said:
I'm sorry dude, but I seriously disagree. Maybe it is because I play fantasy football, but I still think that TDs are more important that yardage. I guess it is who is more valuable IMO. Who is the bigger threat? I'd have to say Chambers.
If Chambers and Toomer were on the same team, I'd put more coverage Chamber's side than Toomer's....even if I played someone with that scenario in Madden 2004. Chambers is better hands down.

We can agree to disagree on this subject but yuo ignored my post about Santana Moss. He was better than Chambers last year, I don't believe that makes him a better player but in your toomer comparisons that is how you guys seems to feel- that 1 better year(slightly) makes you better.

Back
Top Bottom