More Mobile Interview News (Sunday) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Mobile Interview News (Sunday)

Gunner

Old Sailor
Reaction score
Fins were seen interviewing OG Max Jean-Giles & DL Dusty Dvoracek ... more to come!

Yeah I figured Dusty Dvoracek would be a guy they look at. I wasn't too impressed with him against Oregon, but he does look pretty good and holds himself up well at the point of attack. He doesn't excite you though. He's got a great body for the NT position I think. Jean-Gilles' interview will certainly please Boomer. PLEASE keep us updated on ANY more guys you hear of us talking to.

Jean-Gilles is no surprise that's for sure. However, Dvoracek is probably going to be looked at if he slips in the draft due to his questions. He's very capable of being a young replacement to Zgonina this year. I just don't see Dvoracek being a NT CK. He's too light and his weight doesn't come from his legs.

Jaj said:
Jean-Gilles is no surprise that's for sure. However, Dvoracek is probably going to be looked at if he slips in the draft due to his questions. He's very capable of being a young replacement to Zgonina this year. I just don't see Dvoracek being a NT CK. He's too light and his weight doesn't come from his legs.

Jeff Zgonina filled in primarily at nose tackle this year. You just said Dvoracek would be a replacement for Zgonina, then contradicted yourself saying he's not a NT.

He's not a Keith Traylor nose tackle, but neither is Jeff Zgonina, Jim Burt, or as a poster pointed out in the zoo, Mean Joe Greene (who played slanted NT often in Pitt's old Perles defense). Gap control can come in a lot of different shapes and sizes...and Dvoracek plays much heavier than Jeff Zgonina does and played the same area at Oklahoma as we are talking about here with Zgonina and Traylor.

ckparrothead said:
Jeff Zgonina filled in primarily at nose tackle this year. You just said Dvoracek would be a replacement for Zgonina, then contradicted yourself saying he's not a NT.

He's not a Keith Traylor nose tackle, but neither is Jeff Zgonina, Jim Burt, or as a poster pointed out in the zoo, Mean Joe Greene (who played slanted NT often in Pitt's old Perles defense). Gap control can come in a lot of different shapes and sizes...and Dvoracek plays much heavier than Jeff Zgonina does and played the same area at Oklahoma as we are talking about here with Zgonina and Traylor.

That's out of need not out of preference...

It's possible sure, considering guys like Chris Hoke and such but it's not preferrable.

Jaj said:
That's out of need not out of preference...

It's possible sure, considering guys like Chris Hoke and such but it's not preferrable.

If you look at Saban's history at LSU (and I would be willing to bet MSU too), you see guys like Chad Lavalais (6'1", 296 lbs) and Kyle Williams (6'1", 295 lbs) at the NT position...not guys like Keith Traylor or Haloti Ngata. Saban prefers guys who are physical and active, have high motors and can move enough to play in his stunting D. Keith Traylor was supposed to be just a role player, but then he started playing like an All Pro. Dvoracek played a similar position at Oklahoma as he would here in Miami. If Saban were looking for a 3-tech guy to replace Holliday, I can guarantee whoever it is would be 6'4" or above, and could rush the passer (ie. Ray Edwards).

ckparrothead said:
If you look at Saban's history at LSU (and I would be willing to bet MSU too), you see guys like Chad Lavalais (6'1", 296 lbs) and Kyle Williams (6'1", 295 lbs) at the NT position...not guys like Keith Traylor or Haloti Ngata. Saban prefers guys who are physical and active, have high motors and can move enough to play in his stunting D. Keith Traylor was supposed to be just a role player, but then he started playing like an All Pro. Dvoracek played a similar position at Oklahoma as he would here in Miami. If Saban were looking for a 3-tech guy to replace Holliday, I can guarantee whoever it is would be 6'4" or above, and could rush the passer (ie. Ray Edwards).

That's a point to be considered however you can't safely say that 295 and 296 will get it done in the NFL as in college. Possibly if Dvoracek gains pounds to the 305ish range he'll be considered for that spot sure.

Jesse Mahelona (SP?) I think is also considered like a smallish NT type. Also Jamal Williams is considered one of the best NT in the pros and hes only like 6foot3inchs for 305.

Also anybody hear one game this year that Keith Traylor was drafted as a LB and was only 260 pounds. :eek:

PhinsRDbest said:
Jesse Mahelona (SP?) I think is also considered like a smallish NT type. Also Jamal Williams is considered one of the best NT in the pros and hes only like 6foot3inchs for 305.

Also anybody hear one game this year that Keith Traylor was drafted as a LB and was only 260 pounds. :eek:

Yeah I heard that.

Yeah Traylor was a heavy LB back in the day then they asked him to gain weight and move to DT and he did. Jamal Williams WAS a smallish NT type, but he's listed at like 345 lbs now so someone told him to gain some weight I guess :)

On Scouts Inc., Dusty is listed at 6 feet 2 and 5/8ths inches, 303 lbs. I trust Scouts Inc more than any other listing AT THE MOMENT, until probably later today or tomorrow when we get official Senior Bowl measurements. The weigh-in was at 11am today, probably still going on.

Just checked, GBNReport.com already has a nice blurb....

Great Blue North said:
(1:00 PM): Top RB turns up short in player parade... Its known colloquially as the ‘meat market’ phase of the Senior Bowl as strip down to their skivvies and parade across a stage to be measured and weighed. There are always surprises in who weighs what. And, unfortunately, those surprises are mostly disappointments as players don’t quite ‘measure’ up to what was expected. Perhaps the biggest surprise at this year’s weigh-in was the fact that Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams, who is considered to be a potential top 10 pick this coming April, only measured in at a tad over 5-8 and 207 pounds. Williams has generally been listed in the past at 5-10, 217. There also is some ‘shortness’ among the defensive line prospects at this year’s Senior Bowl. Tennessee DT Jesse Maholena, for example, who had been listed at 6-2, measured in at an even 6-0, although Maholena did weigh in at a solid 311. Same story for Maholena’s Tennesee teammate DE Parys Haralson, LSU DT Kyle Williams, and DT Jonathan Lewis and DE Daryl Tapp of Virginia Tech, all of whom measured in at around 6-1. Stanford DT Babatunde Oshinowo got it two ways; listed at 6-2, 320, Oshinowo only measured in 6-1, 302. It wasn’t a major surprise, though, that dynamic Louisville DE Elvis Dumervil, the nation’s #1 sacker last fall, was under 6 feet at 5-11; Dumervil, though, did weigh in at 258. Meanwhile, a couple of OT prospects may have ‘measured’ themselves into OGs. Davin Joseph of Oklahoma, who was listed at 6-4, only measured in at 6-2, while USC’s Deuce Lutui, who was listed at 6-5, was only 6-3; both had been considered options at OT, but at that height may be limited to the interior OL; however, both have played OG in the past. Lutui was also almost 40 pounds less than averaged; he weighed in at a still robust 338-pounds, but that was well below the listed figure of 375. For his part, Joseph ‘only’ weighed 304 pounds, down from a listed 315. Also, of note, Miami OT Eric Winston weighed in at only around 302, not the listed 310. D’Brickashaw Ferguson of Virginia, the top-rated OT at this years’ Senior Bowl - in fact, he’s the top rated player period - weighed in at 297. There had been concerns, however, that Ferguson, who has really built himself up over the past several years, might not even weigh that much. Ferguson, though, may have scored the highest on the “oooww†meter when he walked off stage. Other highs and lows of note from this mornings weigh-in: the tallest player was Boston College OT Jeremy Trueblood who measured in at just under 6-8, while the heaviest was 358-pound Georgia OG Max Jean-Gilles; Jean-Gilles was followed by 347-pound California OT Ryan O’Callaghan, 341-pound Michigan DT Gabe Watson, and a pair of 338-pounders – USC OG Deuce Lutui and Tennessee OT Albert Toeaina – round out the top 5 beefiest players. On the other hand, Georgia CB Tim Jennings and Miami WR Sinorice Moss, both of were just under 5-8, were the shortest players, while Moss’ teammate, CB Kelly Jennings was the lightest at just 171 pounds. Also note that Auburn OT Marcus McNeill, another potential top 10 pick this year, was not among those players who were weighed/measured this morning, however, no reason was given for his absence. As noted earlier this morning, we will be back with the full listing of all heights and weights from this morning's weigh a little later in the day.

Wow, lots of weight and height discrepencies.

wow, I guess I can understand why they would lie about there heights and weights. That may affect there draft value.

while the heaviest was 358-pound Georgia OG Max Jean-Gilles;

Layoff the pancakes....

Hey When Is The Senior Bowl And How Are U Watchin The Practices And Weight Ins Wtc.

Chad Greenway at only 6-2 is a bit of a disappointment. And his teammate at 5-11 instead of 6-2 is a massive jump.
Apparently Gabe Watson looks very good for his 341 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom