More plaudits for Scott Shields in NFL Europe. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More plaudits for Scott Shields in NFL Europe.

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Reaction score
We get different commentary over here on the NFL Europe, so in case these views were'nt expressed stateside:

Claymores' defensive coach says he will not be seeing Scott Shields after this season, he'll be on an NFL roster, probably as a starter.

Head coach Dalquist backs him above any of his other charges to make an NFL career for himself.

My own observations:

Scott was dominant this week and in a defense which is strong
all around, he shone.
1) He doesn't often allow yards after contact, beyond the half body length he seems to give up as he brings down his prey like a lioness on the throat of a zebra.
2) He generally makes good reads on running plays and makes a contribution to stopping the run when he comes up
3) His interception run back 51 yards for a TD could easily have been run out of bounds for half the gain and left the offense to put the points on the board but a good cut and strong running made sure - lets face it, the offense didn't show up.

Whether the NFL roster he makes is the Dolphins is another matter. I think he could contribute. Each week he seems to get more impressive.:cool:

Thanks Gaz. It is strange that every year we seem to be so deep at DB. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get like that along the O line, and D line? :)

Ray Green, Scott Shields, Jamar Fletcher...I wonder who will be number three?

Well, all the while there's a cap...

...we're gonna need lower cost guys to step up when the starters get too expensive. It might be unwise to let him be taken up by another franchise!;)

Scott Shields is big enough that Miami may move him to LB when he gets over here.

Originally posted by KB21
Scott Shields is big enough that Miami may move him to LB when he gets over here.

From what I understand, he has to work on his consistency at SS.

Could he learn a whole new position?

Back
Top Bottom