More realistic mock from CNNSI | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More realistic mock from CNNSI

Much more reasonable I think...although I'm not sure I see the Patriots taking an OLB like DJ Williams when they have Rosevelt Colvin coming back this year.

That would give them Willie McGinnest, DJ Williams, Mike Vrabel, and Rosevelt Colvin all as guys that need to be used at outside rush linebacker. They have bigger needs at inside linebacker I think with just Teddy Bruschi and Ted Johnson there.

I've seen Roy go up and down on a lot of boards actually. Speed is becoming a concern I think.

If he runs well at the Combine then yeah you may be right he could go higher than that.

That's a pretty good mock IMO.

One thing that occurred to me the other day: Can you guys imagine going into the draft with our QB depth chart being Jay Fiedler, Sage Rosenfels, and Clint Stoerner?? Think there'd be any pressure on the front office?? How about on US?? Think anyone here wouldn't be would up tighter than South Park Tweek on eight cups of coffee??

If we indeed do not land Brunell, this is very likely to be the case. So prepare yourselves. :couch:

I dunno. I see the fact that the Texans are approaching the Dolphins and making proposals as a sure sign that Henson has a definite desire to play here in Miami. One team has agreed to the parameters, but its very possible that its not a team that Drew wants to go to and he might have put the pressure on for the Texans to make something happen with Miami.

I see us very much in the race for Drew Henson especially if Ron Wolf is as high on Henson as he is rumored to be...I would imagine that when they spoke with Wolf he probably communicated his feelings on Henson and the Dolphins FO regards Wolf's opinions on QBs like gospel...for good reason. Henson just seems like the perfect guy to fit what the miami front office seems to do best...sell out the future for the present. And by that I mean we finally need a QB of the future enough that we HAVE to get a young prospect of high pedigree otherwise SoFla won't shut up about it...but even when they do that, the FO is gonna try and do it in a way where they're givin away future picks to maintain the ones we have in the present.

A first round QB without spending your first round draft pick? That has WannSpiel written all over it IMO.

I like Rivers better than Henson by a lot. I think the worry is that Rivers may not be available at 20 and then we would stuck without any upgrade and no one wants that.

Rivers is the safer bet but risky in wether we can get him. He has less overall physical skill but is simply effective. henson is what everyone wants in a qb physically. Can he do it? Who knows, but the idea of getting him for a pick next year sounds great. If thats the case and Wally goes, we could get a future qb, killer wr and O lineman all before the 3rd round. Then go De, S, or more O line in the 3rd.:eek: Who needs FAs:lol:

Agree with most of that.... They don't have trades in there...but they are too unperdictable right now.. And they forgot to put the Vikings down like 4 spots because they won't beat the clock for the third year in a row.

I still don't see Cardinals drafting a QB instead I see them trading down.

I don't mind sticking to Fiedler one more year to see Rivers start in '05.

if we could get him for a 5th thatd be awesome too, but its not gonna happen

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
if we could get him for a 5th thatd be awesome too, but its not gonna happen

I don't think a third is that far a reach. Consider that many of the mock drafts have him as a second rounder. So a 2 is certainly reasonable.

Now consider the speculation that Henson wants to got to Miami. If he forces their hand, Houston, would rather get the third than risk Henson going back into the draft.

Certainly would not surprise me if it was a conditionla draft pick to next year based on whether he plays.

id be very nice, i just think it's also higly doubtful, need everything to fall in place perfectly for that to happen. teams drop out, henson only interested in miami and miami would have to know this ahead of time before making an offer or risk losing him, etc...

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
id be very nice, i just think it's also higly doubtful, need everything to fall in place perfectly for that to happen. teams drop out, henson only interested in miami and miami would have to know this ahead of time before making an offer or risk losing him, etc...

Like I said, It would be awesome. :)

I suspect that Henson is probably a smart guy. He would want his team of choice to give up as little as possible so that they can surround him with talent.

Who knows what was said when he had dinner with the Dolphins.

It is interesting that Houston has proposed a deal to us though . . . .

Hmm.......

Back
Top Bottom