Morlon Greenwood hasn't been noticed or is it just me? He's playing great! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morlon Greenwood hasn't been noticed or is it just me? He's playing great!

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
He's been doing what the staff has ask of him and I think this year Morlon Greenwood will have over 100 tackles. Why? Learn from Seau and Thomas and you'll learn a lot. The defense has changed a lot and more than I thought.

Greenwood has fallen to the fate in the last couple of season as working as a part time worker on that defense. Helping in the inside doing this and a little clean up there. His strenghs are not pass defense but he hardly ever blows his assigments up and I still think he's a great player. He is a terrific Run defense linebacker and he had a good outing today. Go morlon

Originally posted by juniorseau55
He's been doing what the staff has ask of him and I think this year Morlon Greenwood will have over 100 tackles. Why? Learn from Seau and Thomas and you'll learn a lot. The defense has changed a lot and more than I thought.

Greenwood has fallen to the fate in the last couple of season as working as a part time worker on that defense. Helping in the inside doing this and a little clean up there. His strenghs are not pass defense but he hardly ever blows his assigments up and I still think he's a great player. He is a terrific Run defense linebacker and he had a good outing today. Go morlon

JuniorSeau55-

Brother, I totally agree with you. There was a very good article on Morlon recently. In the article, Jim Bates said that Morlon gets alot of flack for naught. He hardly ever blows an assignment, and is always consistent. In our defensive scheme, the strongside LB is usually going to have a blocker on them, as they are asked to do the "dirty work". This will then allow the WLB and MLB to freelance and make the game changing plays. Morlon is a better strongside LB then most people give him credit for.
;) ;)

Rarely ever do you see Greenwood get burned or miss an assignment. He is a solid player and I am behind him. Glad to see he made that fumble recovery today.

Morlon needs to step up and make some big plays. You can't have defensive guys in there that all they bring to the table is tackles.

:lol:.....van....could you elaborate on that please? I coulda swore you said we can't have defenders who "only bring tackles"???
Is Morlon supposed to be responsible for eating up blockers AND making big plays?
Does Bates have no clue what he's talking about?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Morlon needs to step up and make some big plays. You can't have defensive guys in there that all they bring to the table is tackles.

Van man, you know I like you, but that makes absolutely no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom