Morlon Greenwood the back-up MLB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morlon Greenwood the back-up MLB

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Interesting to see that if Zach goes down, Wanny says that Morlon will switch inside to MLB, a drum I have been banging for a while as I think he is the long term replacement for Zach in the middle.

that makes a heck of a lot of sense. Moore or Jenkins can play the 40% of downs on SSLB if Zack is out :up:

Bua should start in his place at the outside linebacking spot if Greenwood moves to MLB

nick19991 said:
Bua should start in his place at the outside linebacking spot if Greenwood moves to MLB
in 2006 maybe :)

I honestly think we could see LB C. Jenkins replace either OLB M. Greenwood / OLB J. Seau very soon. He's been looking very good in mini camp. Seau is getting old, and Greenwood hasn't been all that impressive IMO. Jenkins plays with alot of fire and intensity, the way a LB should. I'm excited for Jenkins, and I hope he can contribute this year in some form...

I don't have any problem putting MG in the middle if Zach goes down either. He's probably better in the middle than Hendricks was, and MG has the experience being a full time starter....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Boomer,
I might be wrong but i recall Morlon starting at MLB for Syracuse (at least the one's I saw him play)
Also did Boston have attitude problems in his college days or has he become enamoured with his body and himself only recently because of all the attention/cash he was getting in AZ ?

We're going to have to wait until TC starts in earnest to tell what Jenkins can do. He was always around the ball and quick during PS last year, but he simply didn't know the fundamentals of tackling. If he can get that down, he could be awesome. Very instinctive and quick, just didn't know how to tackle.

iceblizzard69 said:
If any of our LBs go down, Eddie Moore would be the most likely candidate to start if he is 100%.

According to Wanny, Jenkins is right now..maybe after Moore gets back, then he can move him self into place.

Miami's LB position is very thin to say the least.

Other than the starters, we have Jenkins, Moore, Bua and Pope.

If Zach were to get injured, I thought Miami would move Seau inside. Seau did play some MLB in San Diego and as the Miami defensive scheme goes, it funnels everything to the MLB. Seau is the most experienced and has the best instincts if Thomas were to go down.

Seau in the middle, Morlon on outside and Jenkins outside was the way I thought it was going to go before the report of Greenwood being Zach's backup.

Greenwoods instincts must be impressive.

nick19991 said:

Let's be a little realistic now...have you ever seen Bua play with the pads on? I doubt it. As far as potential goes, Moore definately gets the edge, and I think Jenkins gets it too. Bua has to prove himself before anyone can say that he "should" get the nod over Moore and Jenkins.

The whole topic of this thread makes me nervous... talking about Thomas getting hurt. Why are we doing this? Just seems like a jinx waiting to happen.

Oboy said:
The whole topic of this thread makes me nervous... talking about Thomas getting hurt. Why are we doing this? Just seems like a jinx waiting to happen.
because Zack misses games almost every year

2003 Started 15 games and was inactive once, on November 9th at Tennessee due to a groin injury sustained a week earlier vs. Indianapolis

2002 – Started all 16 games at middle linebacker ...

2001 – Started all 15 games in which he played at middle linebacker

2000 – Started all 11 games in which he played at middle linebacker

1999 – Started all 16 regular season games at middle linebacker for the second straight year and third time in his four NFL seasons

http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/teamroster/playerBio.asp?docid=9792

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Let's be a little realistic now...have you ever seen Bua play with the pads on? I doubt it. As far as potential goes, Moore definately gets the edge, and I think Jenkins gets it too. Bua has to prove himself before anyone can say that he "should" get the nod over Moore and Jenkins.

Yes. I've seen Bua with pads on. I've watched him play live during the last four years when Arkansas visited Mississippi State. I agree that Bua will have to prove himself in training camp, but based on what I saw out of him during his career at Arkansas, this guy will be a fierce hitter that has a nose for the football, and he will not be outworked. He's the most aggressive hitter I saw in college football.

I really like Daniel Pope as well, who I have also seen live. When those of you watch him at training camp when the pads go on, you will be very impressed with his technique as a tackler. He breaks down, wraps up, and explodes through the ball carrier as good as any linebacker that was available in this draft.

I also feel those of you who will be attending the practices will be very impressed with Kevin Mitchell when the pads go on. Right now, I think he is a longshot to make the team, but I believe he is perfectly capable of being a contributor on special teams as a rookie with potential down the road due to his intensity level and his instincts.

It is a numbers game at this point, and a lot will depend on how many linebackers Miami decides to keep on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom