Morlon Greenwood | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morlon Greenwood

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
I support Morlon, and boy has he had some very good games this year. He has been solid but not expectacular...I still would prefer to see Eddie Moore start next year becuase maybe he can give us that 3rd LB with playmaking ability that we have not had in a while. None the less I want to see Greenwood get the notice he deserves.

How do we know Moore has playmaking ability? He's yet to be in a single NFL play.

Morlon has. And Morlon has matured this year, and deserves his starting role. He's done all that we've asked of him, and when he is put in position to make a play, he makes it. He's not a superstar, but he is a solid starter with potential.

What potential? He has played three years and is yet to make a turnover or be part of one. Moore made plays in college and in one of his scoutings was said to play alot like Derrick Brooks.

I like Eddie Moore a lot, though I would've prefered Boldin, Calico, or Doss(to name a few). Greenwood still has potential left in him, he can make plays. He did cause one of Fletchers INT's last year, as well as one of Brock's. I agree with you that he needs to make more plays. I'd like to see the best one start, but the other one will get decent PT and will take over for Seau.

Greenwood is a restricted free agent, but I think he will be brought back.

Greenwood, Moore, and a rookie MLB(maybe 2005, unless we sign someone) will probably be the future LB core of this squad.

Greenwood is having an excellent year. He does his job really well, which is to cover the back side, to fill the gaps to stop cut backs inside, etc. The guy only really plays about 35% of defensive plays. Against the Giants, I did a play by play breakdown for Dolfan Talk - I think of the 70 plays, he was only in on 29 defensive snaps. Guy has really stepped up. I don't think he's going to be a star, but he does a really solid job within the scheme.

As for Eddie Moore, he might be good, he might not. After all, they said that Tony Mandarich was the next Anthony Munoz!!! Only time will tell on Moore. Plus Moore is a weakside backer and Greenwood plays the strong side and I would imagine that the team will want to keep Moore on his most comfortable side, backing up both outside spots and specifically Juniors.

No-one needs to replace him - anyone that thinks Greenwood needs replacing isn't watching the games properly.

Greenwood, Moore, and a rookie MLB(maybe 2005, unless we sign someone) will probably be the future LB core of this squad.

2005 pick? If Wanny is still here he will pick a MLB this year 2004!

Greenwood is playing good football.

Having him as the primary backup at each LB position would be great for this team. Now I would feel better about our LB depth.

But he's a free agent at the end of this year (is he a UFA ?) and I don't think he would accept a backup role.

Originally posted by Boomer
No-one needs to replace him - anyone that thinks Greenwood needs replacing isn't watching the games properly.

Yep..

Back
Top Bottom