Mort Smacks Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Smacks Phins

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I suppose I should point this out since I laughed at a local paper putting the Jets last in the division.

Anyway, ESPN's Chris Mortensen has picked us last in the AFC East, and by that I mean, last.

Basically, he said we were overrated, Ricky is good but maybe not great and Tuner is not an upgrade over Chan Gailey who worked miracles with our questionable offense last year.

The picks from everyone on the AFC East are really all over the place. What it tells me is that this should be an interesting season, and Chris Mortensen is not as good a football man as I thought. :D

It was fashionable to rate us high before, but due to less than stellar preseason performance, it is now just as fashionable to call us overrated. Welcome to the NFL elites.

Well... I can't disagree but we will see at the end of the season...

I REALY hate C. Mortensen because of previous articles...

Ol' Mort has been watching too much preseason football, and he puts too much stock in preseason, always has.
The good thing about Mort is he'll admit when he's wrong.
And he will be eating crow very very soon.
:D

Originally posted by PhinKev
I suppose I should point this out since I laughed at a local paper putting the Jets last in the division.

Anyway, ESPN's Chris Mortensen has picked us last in the AFC East, and by that I mean, last.

Basically, he said we were overrated, Ricky is good but maybe not great and Tuner is not an upgrade over Chan Gailey who worked miracles with our questionable offense last year.

The picks from everyone on the AFC East are really all over the place. What it tells me is that this should be an interesting season, and Chris Mortensen is not as good a football man as I thought. :D

yeah well chris mortensen just may be right but for all the wrong reasons! what will kill us is all these old vets we have who are an injury waiting to happen! then zach will have a stiff neck cus he has to make all the plays under duress and then we suck!

Again, people shouldn't make assumptions based on Preseason, some examples of what I mean:

2001 Vikes were 4-0 ended up 5-11.
2002 Atalnta 4-0 ??
2002 Jets 4-0 ??
2002 Buffalo 0-4 ??
2002 St. Louis 0-4 ??

What does all this mean.....not a damn thing. Preseason doesn't mean jack **** and these so called "ESPN Reporters" arent doing there job, just reading somes scores and stats like all of us. I guess it's preseason for them too, they don't really do their job, they just show a little bit.

Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again.

Mort is a Bung Hole. And a vast majority of the ESPN knuckle heads are jets or bills fans.

i heard mort this morning with dan lebatard and he also said that miami can win the division...

Back
Top Bottom