Mortensen Chat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen Chat

lauderdale

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who do you think is the best fit for the Dolphins' GM position? Also, would there then be a logical free agent QB choice by that GM?

Chris Mortensen: Ron Wolf is back in Miami today... he may take a job as a senior consultant and help groom the next GM....no hire till next week.... Phil Savage of the Ravens had a great interview for the GM job, according to a Miami source.

Why do people knock Coughlin, Mark Brunell has said he wouldn't mind playing for him again, and Jimmy Smith says that the Giants got a Coach will lead them to wins. Whats up?

Chris Mortensen: Anybody who knocks Tom Coughlin as a bad hire is ignorant. he took an expansion team and went to two AFC championship games and I believe four playoff years... I love the hire.

Mort, My question is on Drew Henson. Do you see him being traded by the Texans to someone, or is he going to enter the 2004 draft, and if so how high do you see him going.

Chris Mortensen: I think he will be traded...teams like Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, Dallas and Arizona are definite possibility...maybe even Oakland if they aren't satisified with somebody like Rothliesberger.... but I see him being traded.

Chat Wrap

If Drew Henson is serious about playing football, trading away a 4th round pick would be the best thing we ever did...however, I have a feeling someone would trade a 3rd for him. Maybe if we got a 3rd for Wally...Henson would have been a top 3 pick had he stuck with football.

Mandich swears that Henson would have been the first player taken overall had he played out his career at Michigan and entered the NFL draft.

Yeah I guess he was pretty good but he's also bound to be a little rusty. I wonder what kind of price it will take to pry him away from the Texans. Man I wish Miami would have taken a flyer on him before the Texans did it. Would save some real trouble I think.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah I guess he was pretty good but he's also bound to be a little rusty. I wonder what kind of price it will take to pry him away from the Texans. Man I wish Miami would have taken a flyer on him before the Texans did it. Would save some real trouble I think.

That would have required some foresight from our fearless leader.

Henson likely would have ended up with the Texans......but as their #1 pick instead of David Carr. He was an outstanding QB. He could do it all.

But if you trade for him, it's with the understanding that he'll need AT LEAST one year on the bench. Two years (at least) would be more accurate IMO.

More like one. He was never a raw player. He was polished coming out and could have started year 1 in the NFL. He may be rusty ya, but no he is not raw.

But he hasn't played since 1999. It will have been 5 years since he stepped under center. He was 19 when he last played. He will be 24 now. That polish will have worn off significantly. Not to say he couldn't get it back. But 5 years is an awful long time.

5 years??? It was after his bowl game in 2001(2000 season) that he left. It was March 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 2000. I was mistaken.

But he still will have been away close to 4 years. I don't think he can get it back that quick. But he has special talent.

Does he have arm strength, i seriously did not know who he was as a football player but i did know him as a baseball player.. acn he throw the deep and accurate..

i mean football..lol.. does he have more arm strength (in football) than jay fiedler..

Drew Henson has an arm comparable with the best in the NFL.......He is also what scouts call "Hyper Accurate".

I say sign brunell and trade for Henson..............I rather have Henson than any of the rooks.

Back
Top Bottom