Mortensen starting trouble already | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen starting trouble already

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I disagree.. I believe Wannstedt is starting to see the reason why this offense is struggling mightily.. After Fiedler threw that interception where Chambers (I think it was Chambers) was double covered, Wannstedt had a look of disgust in Fiedler and the coaches are trying to keep their discontent of Fiedler behind closed doors...

I don't understand why everyone protects Fiedler.. This cat has opponents selling out on the run and he still overthrows and throws every which way except to the WR.. Even Trent Green is able to hit some deep passes to his WR's and neither Kennison or Morton is as good as Chambers deep.. The QB controversy has begun.. I bet everything that Norv Turner wants Griese in sometime soon...

I agree 100%. Wanny finally seeing the light? I hope you're not dreaming, cause I am.

CO84.. Even Trent Green is hitting WR's deep on play fakes to Priest Holmes.. The opponents defense is selling out on the run and Fiedler doesnt have the ability to expose it.. Wannstedt and Norv do realize this.. I know that for a fact..

Too bad some Miami fans here still DO NOT.. :nono:

I get a twitch in my eye everytime I hear about how Wannstedt LOVES Jay Fiedler.

Excuse me? Is that why he tried to trade a first round pick for Matt Hasselback? Is that why he gave serious consideration to Drew Brees before finally deciding that Drew just isn't going to be that great of a QB (which he isn't)? Is that why Wannstedt made overtures to Gus Frerotte with the understanding that the door would be open to the starting gig if he played well? Is that why Dave Wannstedt went and got Brian Griese, knowing full well that it would immediately set the press aflame with QB controversy talks? If I recall correctly they even sent out feelers to Brad Johnson and walked away because they felt Tampa was overpaying. Forgive me if I've missed a few things.

You can't just make a franchise quarterback magically appear available for us to get instead of Jay Fiedler. We haven't had high first round draft picks (or hardly any first rounders period for that matter) to trade or use to get a QB. Drew Brees? Are you serious? The midget is not doing very well right now, and hasn't really done all that well since getting into the league. Oh maybe you think we should have gone after Drew Bledsoe then. And not Ricky Williams. Because we couldn't have had both. Some people just don't EVER read the writing on the wall.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I get a twitch in my eye everytime I hear about how Wannstedt LOVES Jay Fiedler.

Excuse me? Is that why he tried to trade a first round pick for Matt Hasselback? Is that why he gave serious consideration to Drew Brees before finally deciding that Drew just isn't going to be that great of a QB (which he isn't)? Is that why Wannstedt made overtures to Gus Frerotte with the understanding that the door would be open to the starting gig if he played well? Is that why Dave Wannstedt went and got Brian Griese, knowing full well that it would immediately set the press aflame with QB controversy talks? If I recall correctly they even sent out feelers to Brad Johnson and walked away because they felt Tampa was overpaying. Forgive me if I've missed a few things.

You can't just make a franchise quarterback magically appear available for us to get instead of Jay Fiedler. We haven't had high first round draft picks (or hardly any first rounders period for that matter) to trade or use to get a QB. Drew Brees? Are you serious? The midget is not doing very well right now, and hasn't really done all that well since getting into the league. Oh maybe you think we should have gone after Drew Bledsoe then. And not Ricky Williams. Because we couldn't have had both. Some people just don't EVER read the writing on the wall.

We have Griese on our team..

Griese over Fiedler..

Sorry Fiedler has to go. His play today was just horrible. Now this doesn't mean that I'm not supporting him. I'll continue to support anyone the Fins have under center. Hell, I hope he turns it around. However, you can't ignore the fact that the play at the quarterback position can be significantly upgraded.

It was sickening to see Fiedler miss open WR after open WR. He missed Chambers early and McDrops late.

Just awful play by him.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
CO84.. Even Trent Green is hitting WR's deep on play fakes to Priest Holmes.. The opponents defense is selling out on the run and Fiedler doesnt have the ability to expose it.. Wannstedt and Norv do realize this.. I know that for a fact..

Too bad some Miami fans here still DO NOT.. :nono:

This sounds like you have an inside source. Please share any inside info you may come across. Seriously. We love that stuff.

We'll see this week I think. If we get more comments from Wanny saying Fiedler needs to improve, then I think it could be a sign that he's priming the press and the team for a possible change. We're winning, but our QB play is not up to par. Then again, Griese can't just accept the damn job by default. He has to actually show us something more than just rehab progress.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Amen.....

Back
Top Bottom