Mort's Chat Wrap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort's Chat Wrap

fairbanksb

Panhandler
Reaction score
Just a snippet for Mort's chat wrap. Talks about Ted Washington and Jr.

Doug (Central Falls, RI): Mort, Pats favorite to win the AFC East after big trade to get Ted Washington?

Chris Mortensen: You mean the 34-year-old Ted Washington who missed 13 games last year? I'm sure Belichick and Romeo Crennel will get some use out of him. I do like the Pats. The running game needs to get better, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J (Tampa, FL): Mort, a lot of so called pundits were or are claiming that Atlanta will surpass the Bucs in the NFC South. Although a Buc fan, I just don't see it from their performances last year and where the addition of one receiver will benefit them so much as to pass the Bucs. Being an Atlanta guy, your insight?

Chris Mortensen: I think the Bucs are better and the Falcons are better. The Bucs are the pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Atlanta: With the Browns deep receiving corp, is Holcomb this years Brady or Warner?

Chris Mortensen: He could be...I think Holcombe will be among the passing leaders in the AFC. Let me throw this out to you - when Holcombe was backing up Peyton Manning in Indy, a lot of players there knew Holcombe had the ability to be a starter. From a pure passing standpoint, he's very good. The Browns have more issues with their defense than they do on offense.

Jason (Boston, Ma): How can you make a comment like that about Ted Washington, but rave about Junior Seau on the Dolphins. He's looked awful so far

Chris Mortensen: I haven't raved about Seau. The Dolphins have. I'm a wait-and-see guy. In fact, I raised the point that there are some coaches and personnel men in this league who think Seau lost it more than a year ago.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Just a snippet for Mort's chat wrap. Talks about Ted Washington and Jr.

Doug (Central Falls, RI): Mort, Pats favorite to win the AFC East after big trade to get Ted Washington?

Chris Mortensen: You mean the 34-year-old Ted Washington who missed 13 games last year? I'm sure Belichick and Romeo Crennel will get some use out of him. I do like the Pats. The running game needs to get better, though.

J (Tampa, FL): Mort, a lot of so called pundits were or are claiming that Atlanta will surpass the Bucs in the NFC South. Although a Buc fan, I just don't see it from their performances last year and where the addition of one receiver will benefit them so much as to pass the Bucs. Being an Atlanta guy, your insight?

Chris Mortensen: I think the Bucs are better and the Falcons are better. The Bucs are the pick.

Greg Atlanta: With the Browns deep receiving corp, is Holcomb this years Brady or Warner?

Chris Mortensen: He could be...I think Holcombe will be among the passing leaders in the AFC. Let me throw this out to you - when Holcombe was backing up Peyton Manning in Indy, a lot of players there knew Holcombe had the ability to be a starter. From a pure passing standpoint, he's very good. The Browns have more issues with their defense than they do on offense.

Jason (Boston, Ma): How can you make a comment like that about Ted Washington, but rave about Junior Seau on the Dolphins. He's looked awful so far

Chris Mortensen: I haven't raved about Seau. The Dolphins have. I'm a wait-and-see guy. In fact, I raised the point that there are some coaches and personnel men in this league who think Seau lost it more than a year ago.

F him too.

Oliver...

Mort is mad because he's a black man trapped in a white mans body.

How can someone look awful when they barely are trying in a preseason game that there in for only about 10 minutes

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Mort is not mad at anybody. All he said was that he was a wait and see guy. He stated what some coaches and personnel men had said. Why is everyone so quick to shoot the messenger?

Mort is not mad at anybody. All he said was that he was a wait and see guy. He stated what some coaches and personnel men had said. Why is everyone so quick to shoot the messenger?

Thank you

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

You're thinking of Jim Rome or Enimnim sp.:D

Amen.

Seau may be getting old but id take him over Sam Adams and Ted Washington anyday.....like Mort said, lets just leave it as a wait-and-see.

Very ballsy

"Junior has nothing left".....Yeah, this is exactly why the Dolphins signed him. The same Dolphins who signed an 'over-rated' RW. The same Dolphins who built one of the most dominating defenses in the world. The same Dolphins who just had one of the best drafts in recent memory. The actual facts reveal that the Fins have the number one personnel guy in the NFL... AND he has gotten better every year! Does it occur to any of these jerks that opponents tried to run AWAY from Junior in San Diego because he didn't have the supporting cast? They won't be able to do that here with Zack and the others. I only hope (and I'm sure the Dolphins hope) that the stinkin' lousy Jets try pick on Seau and I hope that writers with no insight and no research like this guy are left off this board.

Mort was on WEEI sports radio here in massachusettes today and once again he dissed the dolphins. He feels the pats will win the division, and stated the dolphins D is overrated. what the ______ does this guy know!! I hate the pats as much as I hate the Yankees!!

what the ______ does this guy know!!

No offense, but probably alot more than you.

The fact is the Pats DO have a good shot to win the division, as do the Bills and the Phins (I'm not sold on the Jets this year). :D

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Seau may be getting old but id take him over Sam Adams and Ted Washington anyday.....like Mort said, lets just leave it as a wait-and-see.

How in the hell do lump sam adams into the picture? Seau is a LB adams is a 30 year old DT, who by the way will eat your running game alive, as well as everything else!

Originally posted by zevo

How in the hell do lump sam adams into the picture? Seau is a LB adams is a 30 year old DT, who by the way will eat your running game alive, as well as everything else!

I thought Sam Adams was something you had with lunch.
:D

Back
Top Bottom