Mort's take on Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort's take on Fiedler

This team will win nothing with Fiedler...he is average at best. The Minn and NE games could have been defining games for him.....but he goes out and spits the bit. He and Wanny will both be gone for the 2004 season.

Originally posted by Expo88
I'd agree with that. Put someone in there to push Jay for the starting job and you'd have one of two things happen: Either Jay would excel and step up to the plate to become a Pro Bowl QB, or the other guy would push him out of the starting job thus giving all you Jay haters your wish. Either way it would be a win win situation.

We did that for two years. Jay played better when we didn't do that.

Originally posted by pogues
This team will win nothing with Fiedler...he is average at best. The Minn and NE games could have been defining games for him.....but he goes out and spits the bit. He and Wanny will both be gone for the 2004 season.

Yep, Jay really sucked in Minni... he should have thrown that pass right into Carters hands... oh wait, thats right, he did...

Well, he should have led the team to scores on every drive in the second half (save the last one)... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have put the ball right into Wards hands when Miami was deep in their own terratory late in the fourth quarter after Minor screwed the pooch against New England... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have improved his numbers this year... say get a 5 point increase on his passer rating from the previous year... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have been one of the highest rated passers on third down because thats the most important thing for a run first team to have... oh wait, thats right, he did...

Well, I guess he should start returning kicks, playing defense, catching passes, blocking for himself, punting, and kicking FieldGoals.

Twist the stats anyway you want but they needed those two games and he didn't do enough to lead the team to victory....

I have no problem with people supporting Fiedler...great guy...huge heart by all accounts...but all he'll get you is playoff disappointment..if they get in the playoffs.

I'm in the same boat as most. Fiedler will do, but I aspire for more.

But Christ, you can't blame him alone for those two games, P. If you're gonna blame him, you better share the blame with everyone else not named Ricky Williams.

Gadsden was a HUGE loss. The passing game was never the same. We had no possession WR after he went down. Just a bunch of flankers masquerading as "X"-men.

And it's funny how McMichael disappeared after OG went down.....even after Jay came back.

Originally posted by Muck
Gadsden was a HUGE loss. The passing game was never the same. We had no possession WR after he went down. Just a bunch of flankers masquerading as "X"-men.

And it's funny how McMichael disappeared after OG went down.....even after Jay came back.

I'm not buying the O.G theory. O.G was on pace to have his worse season in the league. He was on pace for 608 yards or 38 yards a game based on his 6 games. He also had 0 TD's.

Let's put it this way. If Jay were starting all year, we'd be in the playoffs with a first round bye. And this wouldn't be an issue for another couple of weeks. Chris Mortensen can kiss my Arctic Alaskan A$$!! He is not a Dolphins "favor" and never will be. Just like he said Ricky wouldn't excel in Miami because our OLine was way too weak, and that he just isn't what is was supposed to be out of college.

This thing with YEAH JAY, or NAY JAY is getting really really really really reall really really really really really really really really old. Get my point?? It's been beat to death. I'll tell you one thing........Brian Griese isn't the answer, neither is drafting a QB. If we want to win now 2003, 2004, we need to have an already developed QB not a 2nd stringer or a bencher or someone that needs to mature.

It's easy to blame the QB. We do need another star WR with Chambers, who makes plays every week, not every other game, or when they are about to be benched or when we play a weak defense, but someone who makes plays EVERY SINGLE GAME!

One other thing and this is a coaching issue, is that when we have a 10-15 point lead over teams in the 3rd Q and 4th Q, we need to not get so conservative on offense. Put them down when they are down, bury them until they can't breathe. Yes I am saying get greedy. Do we have to do it every game???? No, but when we play teams like the Vikings, Patriots, Bills etc, with good offenses that can score quickly and get their team back into games, we need to bury them while we can. Coaching is a BIG part of losing games in the 4th Quarter, yes players are on the field making the plays(or trying), but results would be a lot different if better plays or more efficient plays were called.

$hit, if this were a perfect world we would have Marvin Harrison on one side, Terrell Owens or Randy Moss on the other, Chambers in the slot, Tony Gonzalez at TE (RICKY STILL AT RB!!!)
and Michael Vick tossing balls and he would break the single season TOTAL TD(rush+pass) record for a QB at around 65. We would all be happy and our team's salary cap would be over 150 million a year..............but this isn't a perfect world so we have to make due with what we have or what we realistically can have. I say keep Jay, because if we want to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years drafting a QB definately is NOT the answer......If there is another Free Agent QB we could get that is better than Jay and cheaper let me know. Brian Griese $uck$!!!!

Originally posted by Barbarian
Yep, Jay really sucked in Minni... he should have thrown that pass right into Carters hands... oh wait, thats right, he did...

Well, he should have led the team to scores on every drive in the second half (save the last one)... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have put the ball right into Wards hands when Miami was deep in their own terratory late in the fourth quarter after Minor screwed the pooch against New England... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have improved his numbers this year... say get a 5 point increase on his passer rating from the previous year... oh wait, thats right, he did...

He should have been one of the highest rated passers on third down because thats the most important thing for a run first team to have... oh wait, thats right, he did...

Well, I guess he should start returning kicks, playing defense, catching passes, blocking for himself, punting, and kicking FieldGoals.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm curious to see how people are going to twist that one around.

BTW

here's the link http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2970

and for some more contraversy read:
JJ(Albuquerque: Back to the Miami questions. Who would you suggest to bring in to compete for the Maimi QB job?

Chris Mortensen: Griese would be very interesting, along with Plummer and Stewart. I seemed to recollect that Norv Turner really like Plummer the year he was drafted in the second round by Arizona, but the Redskins couldn't take him because they had latched onto Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte the year before. But, as of this date, I don't know that the Dolphins are thinking about bringing in a new QB to compete for the job. I would guess that Ray Lucas is out of there, although he is very well-liked by his coaches and teammates.

Sums it up - there are other QBs out there that are vaguely compelling, but it will not likely matter to who is our starter. The QB position up for grabs in Lucas'

Back
Top Bottom