Moss Question... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moss Question...

Snickersbps

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Down boys...just have a question!

Who has the upper hand? I mean, one team overpays, one way or the other. Generally the more desperate, or the proposing team. But do the Vikes or do we? My reasoning:

Vikes need defense, period. There arent any solid DE's on the market anymore, and the CB's are falling fast. Moss or not, they're desperate.

Miami is in needs of a big time play WR, nuff said :D but to elaborate, Moss is the best in the League, and Im sure some team would give up big time for him, forcing our hand a bit more.

so who has the upper hand in bargaining?

Right now no one really has the upper hand, because there are still a number of players available to each team via FA.

Thats why I think this POSSIBLE deal will actually gain more steam heading into late March, when most of the quality FA's are gone, and teams are left to scrape the barrell.

At which time Miami would own more leverage in that I believe Minny needs Ogun/Mad more then we need Moss.

They have nothing on defense, we could always find another WR somewhere else. Especially if were talking about trades.

Also considering the finances involved, and Ogunleye not having a contract, I would suspect the negotiations to drag out if they do in deed try and work this trade.

Like I said though, I doubt it goes away anytime soon, and i think its alot more likely to happen later in the month, or in April, then now.

Originally posted by Stamos
Right now no one really has the upper hand, because there are still a number of players available to each team via FA.

Thats why I think this POSSIBLE deal will actually gain more steam heading into late March, when most of the quality FA's are gone, and teams are left to scrape the barrell.

At which time Miami would own more leverage in that I believe Minny needs Ogun/Mad more then we need Moss.

They have nothing on defense, we could always find another WR somewhere else. Especially if were talking about trades.

Also considering the finances involved, and Ogunleye not having a contract, I would suspect the negotiations to drag out if they do in deed try and work this trade.

Like I said though, I doubt it goes away anytime soon, and i think its alot more likely to happen later in the month, or in April, then now.

I personally think the hold up is the draft pick........ whether it might be a 1st this year and a first next year. No way in hell do we give up that much.

And what you say makes sense becauase this kind of trade can happen after we've made our stake at improving he O-line in free agency. But it looks like we're twiddling our thumbs a bit at the moment, even though it's only day 3, and that kind of makes me think anything can happen at any moment.

There is no need to rush things in FA, everyone who has been signed to big money, has pretty much been overpaid.

Its no coincidence all the better teams in the league are "sitting on there hands".

Aside from Philadelphia, who's signing of Kearse shows sheer desperation, none of the top teams from last year are any better.

Hell, most are worse.

For as upset as Fins fans are that we haven't signed anyone, how do you think Titans fans feel with even less money, and having already lost 2 of there 3 best defensive players.

We lost Brock Marion.......Booo friggin Hoo...

I would say Minnesota has the Upper Hand, if they got Chambers anyways. I would rather trade Madison, Ogunleye, and Fiedler to Minnesota for Culpepper. Culpepper throwing to Chambers and Ricky running out of the backfield. I love mobile QBs that can throw the rock, and Culpepper is secong best to Vick, and the McNabb is a close right behind Culpepper.

Originally posted by Stamos
There is no need to rush things in FA, everyone who has been signed to big money, has pretty much been overpaid.

Its no coincidence all the better teams in the league are "sitting on there hands".

Aside from Philadelphia, who's signing of Kearse shows sheer desperation, none of the top teams from last year are any better.

Hell, most are worse.

For as upset as Fins fans are that we haven't signed anyone, how do you think Titans fans feel with even less money, and having already lost 2 of there 3 best defensive players.

We lost Brock Marion.......Booo friggin Hoo...

The friggin' Redksins just overpaid on that LB from Indy......that guy Washington.......it was just up a few ticks ago on ESPN. Yet another one my God.

In 2001 the Vikes signed Moss to an 8 year 75 million contract including an 18 million dollar bonus. Moss has only played 3 years of this contract so if traded Minnesota will suddenly have 11.25 million in dead money. No way the Vikes give up on a 11.25 million investment unless they get a Hershel Walker type trade. Madison, Ogunleye, Chambers, a couple #1 picks, you get the idea.

I definitely agree on waiting on the Moss trade is the best for all parties. When it comes down to it, we may not even be able to afford him anymore.

The Vikes also have well over 10 million is cap credits from a loop hole last year. This would mean theyve got cap to burn that wont be there next year at all, more likely for them to be willing I think...

Originally posted by Eshlemon
In 2001 the Vikes signed Moss to an 8 year 75 million contract including an 18 million dollar bonus. Moss has only played 3 years of this contract so if traded Minnesota will suddenly have 11.25 million in dead money. No way the Vikes give up on a 11.25 million investment unless they get a Hershel Walker type trade. Madison, Ogunleye, Chambers, a couple #1 picks, you get the idea.

Quite the opposite my friend.

Minnesota will have paid Randy about 24 Million over the last 3 years, if they give him up now. hardly wasted money considering the production out of Randy.

They would be interested in trading because there investment is getting more and more expensive everyday. Moss's Salary has taken a quantum leap since the first 2 years of the deal, that saw him earn about 1 million dollars in salary.

If they do want to trade him, this is the ideal time, 1. while he's still a valuable commodity, 2. When they can swallow the dead money, and 3. Not wait til his salaries rise to 8.2, 9.7, and 11.2 million dollars in 2006, 2007, and 2008.

I think those salaries are the driving force behind these rumors, for as much fun as people make of the Cardinals, the Vikings are equally lacking in the spending department. Red McCombs is the cheapest owner in the NFL.

Hey, atleast Arizona signs bad players.

I never said Moss was wasted money just extremely high priced both with his contract and trade value for the Vikes.

With Red being so stingy he wouldn't want to lose 11.25 million from his investment. Also, Moss's salary is cheap this year (5 million) for the best WR in the game. No fiscal incentive for the trade this year unless they get a lot in return.

Originally posted by Eshlemon
I never said Moss was wasted money just extremely high priced both with his contract and trade value for the Vikes.

With Red being so stingy he wouldn't want to lose 11.25 million from his investment. Also, Moss's salary is cheap this year (5 million) for the best WR in the game. No fiscal incentive for the trade this year unless they get a lot in return.

I think Red should take his head out his azz and realize that he just duped the NFL into thinking they were 28 million + under the cap due to those friggin' "incentives likely to be earned" loopholes. So beg friggin' deal if he has a few bucks in dead money.

With Red being such a tight wad the Vikes are probably only alowed to spend half that.

Back
Top Bottom