Most Draft -- January 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Draft -- January 15

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Since it's a new era in Dolphins football, here's a new mock draft.

I know a lot of players will be purged, but I'd keep James and Sitton on the offensive line. This draft reflects that. Also, my one "semi-big" addition in free agency is a corner to compete opposite of Howard.

1. Rashan Gary, DE/DT Michigan
Gary offers a lot of versatility and at 6-5 287 he's a DE/DT hybrid, kind of a Richard Seymour type. Has a ton of upside.

2. Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson
A top-25 talent, but a failed drug test should drop him a bit. Lawrence is the anchor the Dolphins need for their defensive line. He dominates against the run and, although he won't get a lot of sacks, penetrates and pressures.

3. Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State
An athletic, developmental quarterback. Stick may rise during the draft process. Hard to judge at D2 talent level, but reminds me athletically of Mitch Trubisky.

4. Connor McGovern, G/C, Penn State
Miami adds an interior lineman, possible starter at center.

5. Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas
Another big DE to add to the rotation. Dolphins will likely let both Quinn and Wake go so depth here is important.

6. Jordan Brown, CB, North Dakota State
Dolphins draft small school corner with nice size (6-2).

7. Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech
Miami takes a late round chance on a 6-5 wide out. Does he have enough speed to stick?

I can get behind this draft. Build around DL of Godcheaux and Taylor. Gary can play a little DE across Wake. Lawrence compliments the rotation and good Rd2 value.
Stick - Rd3 worth shot.

OL- hopeful that Sitton returns healthy. Maybe sign a Center like Morse or Pradis- the Denver center.

I’d rather pick up offensive line with the 3rd and 4th pick then pick up Ta’amu at 5.

Rashan Gary's hype has not equaled his production. I think he has big bust potential. So I wouldn't take him in round 1. I'm not sure Lawrence gets to our pick in round 2.

Easton Stick is a hype piece of CK and is getting way overhyped IMO, and I think round 3 would be a mega reach for him.

Not sure Omenihu makes it to round 5. Some scouts have him as a day two pick.

Omenihu has a lot of potential, I agree, I've seen a few scouting reports, anticipating he'd be drafted day 2. Lawrence is a wild card. Failed PED Test, but it's the interview process that will make or break him? If he doesn't interview well with regards to that failed test, he may drop?

I'm not a fan of Ta'amu. I wanted to like him but I saw too many tendencies that normally lead to failure...specifically that he drops back and throws too many flatfooted mindless semi-errant darts into non-threatening positions in the first place. The play can't can more than 6 or 8 yards tops yet he immediately chooses that option anyway instead of scanning elsewhere or creating something on his own. It's especially troublesome because he has enough talent around him to aspire to bigger things or simply let the play develop. As hoops emphasized the other day, Tua looks for the big play first.

The Fresno State kid has more relaxation and variety in his game than Ta'amu, even if some aspects need more seasoning.

Rashan Gary's hype has not equaled his production. I think he has big bust potential. So I wouldn't take him in round 1. I'm not sure Lawrence gets to our pick in round 2.

Easton Stick is a hype piece of CK and is getting way overhyped IMO, and I think round 3 would be a mega reach for him.

Not sure Omenihu makes it to round 5. Some scouts have him as a day two pick.

I agree on Stick. Way too much of a reach at 3. We need players on the line before a developmental QB.

I also don't think Lawrence makes it out of Round 1 as long as he comes out clean in future drug testing and interviews. His failed test is suspicious to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom