"most important game" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"most important game"

stork48

Professional beer drinker
Reaction score
looking at the poll, it seems everyone thinks the newengland game is so critical? as i am a rookie here and have read a lot of cool stuff, including how some people get shot down with the "the season rests on this game" stuff, i still have to say that if we dont beat dallas then the ne game will be much harder to win without the nice confidence boost of winning 3 in a row, and a really good chance of the div. tittle if ne looses this week. afterall they win a lot of games hanging on a thread!!! and it seems to me that they have used up all of their luck after that texans game.

p.s. at least our coach has a better sense of style than newengland's:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

miami doesn't need to pay attention to denver..

they need to pay attention to beating everyone they face. when you worry about other teams you lose sight of your own and thats when you lose.

Clearly they're all important, but the NE game represents Miami's only chance of competing for the division, plus it's an AFC game and important in case of a wildcard tiebreak, plus it's a 'common game' opponent in case of a tie with Denver (and AFC records are even).

Also, Miami gets 10 days to prepare for the Patriots, which should help -- especially this late in the season.

Even so, a win Thursday would be huge in many ways. The pressure would really be on the Patriots this weekend.

Denver isnt the only competitor, whoever doesnt win the AFC North (cincy or baltimore) is just a game back of us, just like Denver, the fins need to just focus on their own games, this season looks like its a reversal year in the making (slow start, strong finish)....at least i hope so :)

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Denver isnt the only competitor, whoever doesnt win the AFC North (cincy or baltimore) is just a game back of us, just like Denver, the fins need to just focus on their own games, this season looks like its a reversal year in the making (slow start, strong finish)....at least i hope so :)

The good thing about the AFC North race (for Miami) is that since those two teams play each other again, you can effectively add one more loss to the division runner-up's record right now, whichever it turns out to be. So in effect, Denver is slightly closer with no losses 'guaranteed.'

Back
Top Bottom