most physicly gifted qb on roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

most physicly gifted qb on roster

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Dave W throws Sage into the mix...especially if he's really unhappy with the way the Fiedler/Feeley competition is developing, which I sense he is.

In that statement he made about the staff changes he said something about the quarterbacks and he actually threw Sage's name in there, which struck me. He said...

One of the problems that we ran into last year, quite honestly, was when Mike Shula left in June and we didn’t have a quarterbacks coach. Our quarterback position, to me, is as important to see improvement there, whether it’s Jay (Fiedler), A.J. (Feeley) or Sage (Rosenfels) or whoever it is, than at any other position on our team

Thats not exactly a flaunted in your face statement, but it seems to be a subtle indicator that in Dave's mind, mediocrity between Jay and AJ is moving this QB competition from a two man race to a three man race.

Halfway through training camp and preseason, we could see Dave announce Sage as the starter. Weirder things have happened (some of them already this offseason).

nope, never seen JF throw a single ball :) .....kidding..... Yes I will admit that JF is not the greatest QB to play the game or that has appeared in a Phins uniform and we all know it would be nice to upgrade that position along with many others. However.....I saw the Defense (who gets paid 2x as much as the offense) lose more games and play less consistently then our consistently subpar offense.

My only point is that I find it amazing that so many people bash JF when no backup up to our recent savior BG couldn't outperform him and although JF may not be the 'biggest playmaker'.....he isn't paid to be.....and those who ARE paid the most are the ones you can generally pin more losses on then on JF. QB is a big problem....but not the biggest in my mind is all.

yeah, i noticed that CK.......one of those subconcious things being let out in thought with more implication then actual words......I think that Sage deserves just as much of shot at dethroning JF as AJ does......and I hope one of them can do it cuz that means we've improved that position...

midwest_phinfan said:
Rosenfels had the best camp of anyone. Plus when he's played in games he hasn't done that bad, considering they were spot roles.

:confused: :huh:

Did you see him in the Packers Game when he relived Lucas?
Deer caught in the headlights would be an understatement.

Granted, he was suddenly thrown into a bad situation when Lucas went down... the Packers obviously had the momentum... but isn't that what he should be prepared for? I've seen other 3rd stringers come off the bench in relief that did a whole lot better... :hmmm: hmmm... a certain kid named Feely comes to mind...

That said... I do think Sage should have a shot at #1 also... It should be a 3 way competition...

"most physicly gifted qb on roster "

How about we discuss the most physically gifted cheerleaders?

Neither is a real solution.
I hope I'm surprised and Feeley steps up and impresses the cr@p out of us all!
We know Fiedler won't.

I think Sage should get to work with the 1st unit and see what he has. We already know what Jay has to offer. From the little I have seen Sage play he looked like he has potential. Not to mention he always plays when the other back-ups are playing.
I think he could possibly be the most gifted of the 4 QB's. But we will never know, because they wont give him a chance.

im sorry but i have to disagree with jbond yes our defence gave up alot of tackles a couple of games last year but im tired of the defence bailing out the offence.damn we don't give up that much points we missed alot of tackles against houston as we all know but we gave up only 22 points if your offence cant score 24 to win 3 touches and a field goal get off the field.nobody respects the pass thats why they put 11 in the box to stop ricky!!!!! p.s. where did i our defence rank at the end of the year and where did our passing attack if you want to call it that rank near the bottom!!!

WharfRat said:
:confused: :huh:

Did you see him in the Packers Game when he relived Lucas?
Deer caught in the headlights would be an understatement.

Granted, he was suddenly thrown into a bad situation when Lucas went down... the Packers obviously had the momentum... but isn't that what he should be prepared for? I've seen other 3rd stringers come off the bench in relief that did a whole lot better... :hmmm: hmmm... a certain kid named Feely comes to mind...

Feeley was actually prepared as the 2nd string qb when he went in that monday night game againsht San Fran. Plus he had the regular week to gameplan. Sage was thrust into the monday night game against GB when we were already down. Granted he didn't play that well, but if I remember correctly he was in on 2 plays.....2nd and 3rd down, a hand off, and a short incompletion.

Back
Top Bottom