Motion to ban PFT reports from the main forum. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motion to ban PFT reports from the main forum.

grooves12

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know there was a boycott movement already, but I say it should be taken a step forward and taken to the level of an all-out BAN. Their reports are completely unsubstantiated and are meant to do nothing but stir the pot.

I'm surprised PFT "presented by the National Enquirer" hasn't made a report of Dave Wannstedt is having Jay Fiedler's illegitimate lovechild. It would probably have more merit than some of the crap they post.

Move them to the smack forum... because that's all they really are most of the time.

Stirs the pot on a message board during the offseason...Hmmm that sounds absolutley horrible....

I think this isn't quite necessary. Maybe that's not the best way of putting it, so I'll try again:

I'd like to see anything that cites "sources" that can't be named be moved to the Smack forum. Opinion is one thing, but opinions that are presented as fact by PFT or any other similar source with a checkered past of credibility should IMHO get the same treatment. I don't see any reason to limit this to PFT or to move PFT reports that actually cite specific sources (like a newspaper).

Yeah, they're crap, but it's interesting to see what kind of crap they can come up with.

No, I am flat out against this. I am an American and freedom of speech, whether we like it or not, must be granted.

You can't ask to have a freedom but then remove that same freedom from another. Just because you dislike what is said, or disagree with what is said, does not make it right to remove a form of communication.

If you wish to ban one, then you must equally apply that rule to all.

So no, I do not wish to become communist and neglect a basic freedom afforded to us all that some wish could be handed out on an individual basis, and denied to others simply because they don't like what is being said.

I'm against this as well. However, if someone does post something from PFT, it should be taken with a grain a salt.

I am against it.....and would like to have a link to go with your Wanny and Fiedler lovechild story......

Yeah, we should ban it because everyone is too stupid to understand and take into account the source. Besides, we need to make room for some more Jay Fiedler Sucks threads and Wanny's a Moron Threads.

Really i think we should ban the banning pft article threads seeing as how they do nothing for this board. Who cares if pft is the national enquirer of the nfl its interesting stuff none the less and i think just about anyone whos looked at the site for a month and can see the about 25 flip flops they do on any given subject u can tell they are flat out guesing sometimes...doesnt mean its not interesting to read though and in the off season i think we all are lookin for some sorta football entertainment. I even bought one of those rags u see at the check out aisle just for fun it had a huge title with a pic of sharks that were supposedly trained by cubans to attack american beaches, and supposed pictures of osama and suddam in love...some funny *** crap in that mag. If u really cant stand the pft threads, then dont click on 'em, its as simple as that.

The only real problem I have with PFT is they tend to be really negative.

IceStorm said:
No, I am flat out against this. I am an American and freedom of speech, whether we like it or not, must be granted.

:rolleyes:

This isn't the town square -- it's FinHeaven. We are making a suggestion. If it is accepted, it changes the rules the proprietors have already set up. You must also not like how all Bills threads go to the AFC East room, all Raiders threads go to the NFL room, and all smack threads go to the smack room. You also must not like that I can't say ******* without it being censored.

Your argument is quite simply ludicrous.

You can't ask to have a freedom but then remove that same freedom from another. Just because you dislike what is said, or disagree with what is said, does not make it right to remove a form of communication.

It's not a matter of not liking what is said, at least under my proposal. It's about enforcing a certain level of credibility in the stories that are discussed in the "main" forum on this board. If you have a problem from that, go picket the NY Times for not printing letters to the editor from somebody known only as "Happy Jack".

If you wish to ban one, then you must equally apply that rule to all.

Nobody said anything about banning PFT articles. The suggestion was to move them to a more appropriate forum.

So no, I do not wish to become communist and neglect a basic freedom afforded to us all that some wish could be handed out on an individual basis, and denied to others simply because they don't like what is being said.

:fire:

Communist? Do you even have any freaking idea what Communism is? Check it out before you go throwing that accusation around carelessly.

PFT articles that are Miami Dolphins based and are posted here on FinHeaven DO NOT HURT anyone.

All entertainment and for the most part, when a PFT article is posted, it is a laughing matter where everyone chimes in on how "stupid" it is.

I don't understand the point of moving PFT articles.

They always aren't right on, but they sight smoke, and wait for the fire. Another analogy. There's usually is a grain of truth in something they write, for that fact I'd be against a ban.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
PFT articles that are Miami Dolphins based and are posted here on FinHeaven DO NOT HURT anyone.

I would agree with that. It's not like they carry knives. They can be a distraction because they tend to confuse people who choose not to consider where information is coming from and those who don't know PFT's rep. I think reform is a novel enough suggestion to support, but I won't lose much sleep if it doesn't happen (so long as nobody else implies that suggesting it equals communism).

Yes, jimminy, I do know what communism is. And for you, or anyone else, to tell me what I can or cannot read is a form of just that. So please save your "this isn't a public place, blah blah" because that argument is old and validly false.

I'll make it simple for you, if you don't like whats on TV change the channel.

But to say that PFT shouldn't be in here because you don't like what is said, well that grasshopper, is (as you say) ludicrous.

Most of their stuff is crap, yes. But some of their reports make people here communicate and discuss about it. People read it and laugh at it, yell about it, think about it, and all kinds of good stuff. But if its about the Dolphins, it has a right to be discussed about in this forum. Thats all I'm saying. :D

Back
Top Bottom