move a wr to cb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

move a wr to cb?

Philter25 said:
Physical attributes and skills (IE Speed, jumping ability, ability to learn and understand routes and coverages) dont translate into game time reps. You have a lot of college players that can play both ways, WR and CB because of their physical skills. When they come to the NFL though, its one or the other. The NFL is so much deeper and faster than college its impossible to master all your coverage schemes on defense and your routes on offense. Although there are a lot of players that have the physical skills, they just dont have the time and reps to be able to play both ways.

I just cracked up before when Cobourne, who DOESNT have the physical qualities one would look for was playing cornerback. Cobourne is what, 5'8ish? If I am an OC and I see him coming into the game as a CB, heck, even as a dimeback, I start licking my chops and I am going to try my best to exploit it and go right after him.

Chambers has the speed size and leaping ability to be a CB, the problem is just he has never played CB in the NFL. :lol: If anything, its more likely for a backup safety to play CB over a WR because at least the safety has been studying the defenses for the whole season and would have a heads up over the WR.
Had Troy Brown?

I'm not beating it to death, I think getting a WR to play CB is crazy... and Brown was only an emergency dime back for the Pats.

finsnchips said:
Had Troy Brown?

I'm not beating it to death, I think getting a WR to play CB is crazy... and Brown was only an emergency dime back for the Pats.
Not that I recall. Granted if I was desperate like the Pats were and had a depleted secondary and no one else to play dimeback, I would call on a WR if no FS was available, which is what the Pats did.

I dont know if Brown played both ways in college.....

My main response was to whoever said if we got Troy Brown, we would use him at CB. Right now we are not desperate and we arent looking to make a WR into a converted CB. Now if the season is nearing its end and we only have a healthy Madison and Howard on the roster and a FS playing nickel, then I might look to the #4/#5 WR help me out in emergency dime situations.

Philter25 said:
Sometimes............... I just dont know with people on here anymore. A few months ago there was a serious conversation with someone who wanted to try Zach Thomas out at SS...... after that thread I just lost it.

Im gonna go look for it now, that thread cracked me up.

EDIT: found it:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=65509&page=1&pp=15

Yep, I here ya. It's hard sometimes to protray sarcasm in posts, but consider mine a very sarcastic response.

So, you don't think Zach could play SS? :lol:

Philter25 said:
For the love of God people, NFL players are not leggos! You cant just place them where its acceptable!
Smartest thing I've heard all day. True that, Philter! :cooldude:

CC can't play corner. Forget it. He does appear to have the hip movement a cb needs, and his running style seems way to awkward for a cb. He is our top wr and brown was not NE's no 1. We will not do that!

Troy Brown is still available isn't he. I would not get him to play as a corner but a great team guy . Maybe w/ another injury and a guy like him on the roster you could then plug him in. Otherwise overall idea.....BAD... Really...BAD

Back
Top Bottom