Moving Forward Who Are the Must Keepers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Forward Who Are the Must Keepers?

is it possible that the way Wilkins worked out is the new way of doing things? what if a player values himself more than the team does and won't accept what the team is offering, would you cave and sign them because you like the player? or would you take that money and get several more players? what if Tua likes himself more than the team does, what if he wants a record contract and the team wants maybe $40-45million? is it possible that they do the same with him as they did with Wilkins? do they draft someone sooner or later depending on his signing or not? i don't hate Tua, but i don't want his next contract to keep us from having a full team
maybe no one is a must keeper
I think we saw the answer to that with Wilkins. Miami made him an offer last offseason that they thought was fair and Wilkins felt he could get more. His right, obviously. The team then signed Seiler long-term and went in a different direction.

Grier and Miami have their set limits on players and are willing to let them walk.

For me, Tua and Waddle are the only "must keepers" so far. They're the only two young players who you can't realistically replace with a similar talent level. I agree with those that feel Holland has kind of plateaued. He's very good. But if this is his limit, then I'd take the same approach we did with Wilkins. Try to keep him at a reasonable price, but don't pay top 5 for the position. I don't really know what to make of Phillips right now.

Take away the top Qbs like Mahomes Allen etc
There's very few players on all the teams that are untouchable.
If you have the qb then it's so much easier to build the team each year with different players.
The Dolphins have a lot of good young players but they all aren't must keep as Wilkins just showed.

No such thing as a keeper when any star player you draft decides they want to wait for free agency, and another club offers them the sun, the moon, and the stars. I hate the current system.
So, people shouldn’t be allowed to work where they want?

So, people shouldn’t be allowed to work where they want?
I'm for that, for sure. The money is just unfortunate. Like what early first round picks were getting paid before a solution was found (see: JaMarcus Russell, Sam Bradford).

Back
Top Bottom