Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Ross, It Is Not Too Late. Fire That Head Coach!!!

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ted Wells is out there trying to convince the rest of the world that Joe Failbin was unaware of what was going on in the locker room. I do not believe that and evidently former players, and GMs don't believe him either. Armando Salgero is right when he said in his article that the job is too big for this guy (Failbin). Stephen Ross missed out on an opportunity to get very good GMs primarily because they all saw what I see. And that is that Failbin in an idiot. I am sure Dickey will be a much better GM than the last guy we had here, and Ross can still right the ship by firing the HC sometime next week. It is clear Incognito, Jerry and Martin will not be back. But I will also say this; as good as Mike Pouncey is, I hope I never see him in the NFL again. If Ross doesn't clean out the garbage he still has in this organization, I hope the Miami Dolphins get sued by all three men that were harassed. Next season is a washout anyway, Get rid of Failbin now and start bringing this franchise back to relevance.

Let me explain something to you: if you want your opinion to be taken seriously you can't act childishly, e.g., intentionally spelling the coach's name wrong to support your agenda.

You can predict it, call for it and complain when it doesn't happen, but Philbin isn't getting fired this year. If it was even possible the GM would be Nick Caserio

You can predict it, call for it and complain when it doesn't happen, but Philbin isn't getting fired this year. If it was even possible the GM would be Nick Caserio

Cesario was the only guy we interviewed that had any kind of idea of how to turn this thing around IMO.

It is exactly too late. After all of this press you want to make more fumbling headlines? Do you think further backpedalling will be a benefit or a detriment to the organization and to us fans? Think it through.

I think firiing him would be a positive step in putting this thing to rest. The added benefit would be we may actually be something other than mediocre next year. I know money talks but free agents wont be pounding down the door to play for deer in the headlights Philbin.

You cannot go "this coach has our support" then "no we changed our minds" if you have a history of "no we want this coach. Oops we have to keep our current coach." or recent we are offering to this gm/settling for the other. At this point, its public suicide. You think the very same media that has been killing us will give Ross credit for the move or does it make more sense that it will add gasoline to the "organization is lost" wildfire?

Ted Wells is out there trying to convince the rest of the world that Joe Failbin was unaware of what was going on in the locker room. I do not believe that and evidently former players, and GMs don't believe him either. Armando Salgero is right when he said in his article that the job is too big for this guy (Failbin). Stephen Ross missed out on an opportunity to get very good GMs primarily because they all saw what I see. And that is that Failbin in an idiot. I am sure Dickey will be a much better GM than the last guy we had here, and Ross can still right the ship by firing the HC sometime next week. It is clear Incognito, Jerry and Martin will not be back. But I will also say this; as good as Mike Pouncey is, I hope I never see him in the NFL again. If Ross doesn't clean out the garbage he still has in this organization, I hope the Miami Dolphins get sued by all three men that were harassed. Next season is a washout anyway, Get rid of Failbin now and start bringing this franchise back to relevance.

Why would Philbin be fired?

Philbin isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years unless he flubs next season with a horrible record. The Ted Wells report doesn't give enough reason to Ross to fire him. Ross wants to give Philbin and Hickey a chance to work together.

That doesn't answer my question. Why would Philbin be fired?

Phibin was in charge of the locker room, he brought in the coaching staff and all of this **** was happening under his eyes.
When does the guy on top take responsibility for what happens while he's in charge, do you need the NFL to suspend Philbin or do you deal with it yourself.

This is what I said I the VIP forum.

I bet if you ask players that have played for some of the great head coaches, you will find that the players did things that their head coaches never found out about. I would like to think that a head coach knows every aspect of what's going on in their team but realistically that probably isn't the case. The thing is they are in charge of a lot of people. So that means they need help keeping an eye on things. When their hired help fails to inform or enforce their rules then things are going to happen that shouldn't happen.

If you put it in a every day work place situation, a head coach is a store manager. He has assistant managers (coaches) to run things when he isn't around. The store manager relies on his is assistant managers to keep him informed and to enforce the rules he puts in place. When the assistant manager is covering up for the employees under him then the store manager thinks everything is fine because the reports from that assistant manager indicate nothing is wrong.

Again there are times Philbin should check in at spur of the moment times, but that can't always happen. He needs to surround himself with people that are willing to enforce the integrity that he wants instilled in the team.

Back
Top Bottom