MSNBC gives us a B.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MSNBC gives us a B....

IMHO, any serious draft grader should have the average at C or maybe C+. B should mean "above average", and that's just where I would put this draft by Saban. It's a very nice start, but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't step it up next year when he has more time to prepare and a full slate of his own picks.

Getting Matt Roth at 46 is an A+. Ronnie Brown is an A+. Channing Crowder is a B-. Travis Daniels is a B+, the + is for knowing Sabans system and playing CB and Safety. Alabi will stick for sure, A- for being a 5th rounder who was personally scouted by a great OL coach. And Vickerson is purely a wait and see which everyone in the 7th round ussually is. Overall, this draft is an A-.

finfan54 said:
Getting Matt Roth at 46 is an A+. Ronnie Brown is an A+. Channing Crowder is a B-. Travis Daniels is a B+, the + is for knowing Sabans system and playing CB and Safety. Alabi will stick for sure, A- for being a 5th rounder who was personally scouted by a great OL coach. And Vickerson is purely a wait and see which everyone in the 7th round ussually is. Overall, this draft is an A-.

Come on now, lets look at this without the Agua glasses. At best we got one starter out of this draft, and even Brown maybe be splitting time with Ricky. Roth is a solid undersized player who may get playing time next year at OLB if we go to 3-4 but he is gonna unseat JT, Carter, or Holiday at DE?? No he is not. We didn't do a great job of picking for need. We could really use a DT, a FS, a QB to groom and a 3rd WR. We got none of those and got a DE where we are deeper than any other position. We also could have got Elton Brown at OL but passed on him.
This is Sabans 1st draft and he did an OK job, but to say a B is to low sounds to me like a homer comment. I give a C+ or B-, and hope for a little better draft next year when he has more time and his own scouts. JMO

A B is a GOOD grade. A is excellent. We were NOT excellent. Excellent is trading down out of the #2 spot and still drafting Ronnie Brown and getting an additional 2nd round pick, thats an A grade.

Getting an A grade requires making great trades to get more players, we stayed where we were at and just drafted players, thats a B. Just cause he picked 3 good players doensnt give him an A grade. :lol: If that was the case, than half the teams should get an A grade.

Say we got Cleveland to trade up one spot thinking we would take Edwards and we got a 2nd or 3rd rounder in return and we picked another player, then thats an A.

finfan54 said:
*cough* homer *cough*

I gave us an A. Saban did a great job. Brown was clearly the best back and definitely one of the top 3 players in the draft. He will help us immediately. Roth and Crowder were each projected to go a round ahead of where we took them. Even Kiper said that Roth was the just as talented as David Pollack, who easily went in the first round.

A- BTW I didn't realise that Pat was unhappy here-i thought he wanted to stay, but cause of the cap we couldn't afford to keep him

Anthony3454 said:
I gave us an A. Saban did a great job. Brown was clearly the best back and definitely one of the top 3 players in the draft. He will help us immediately. Roth and Crowder were each projected to go a round ahead of where we took them. Even Kiper said that Roth was the just as talented as David Pollack, who easily went in the first round.
But what made those picks an A.... any person could have drafted those players. Jeez, I can name numerous guys even on this board who called out who we would pick before the picks. An A grade means you did something excellent, he didnt make any great moves or acquire additional picks in the draft.

Perfect example. What Mike Tice did last year to Wanny was excellent. He knew who we wanted and he got a free 4th rounder. We knew who Cleveland wanted so I would give Saban an A if we got an additional draft pick from Cleveland so we wouldnt take Edwards. Otherwise, it was a GOOD draft, not excellent.

Man watching these grades, you see what is wrong with our school system here, you do your work as expected, nothing glamourous nothing extra and everyone expects an A, because hey at least we finished the assignment.

B is a solid grade, it is above average, which the choice of Brown puts us at, Crowder is a good selection but has baggage with the knees, and if you read anyone's review on him, they all start IF his knees hold up...., Roth will be a motor and could be a great player but nothing extra special yet.

I agree with Philter, to have been an B+ pr better, we would have had to have traded down and taken Brown or another top 5 player and get extra draft picks and then used them to fill more holes. I personally grade this at a B, I am not worried about the lack of the WR or QB or first day OL pick, as I trust Saban and staff to realise that the value might not have been there when we picked.

If this draft is worth an A then it will be in a year or two, if Crowder, Roth et al live up to their hype and do become starters and pro bowlers etc.

Back
Top Bottom