Muck has it right! "This game will really test what Norv is all about." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muck has it right! "This game will really test what Norv is all about."

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
This game against the Bills will really say a lot about what Norv brings to this team.

I am confident that he will have the offense prepared.

And one plus for us (that I can't believe Norv has NOT thought of) is that Buffalo really has no idea exactly WHAT we ARE going to bring on offense.

All the Bills know for sure is that they'll being seeing a lot of Ricky. So what!?! EVERYBODY already knows that... EVERY game.

What the Bills haven't a clue about is what we're going to do on 3rd and five or 3rd and eight. That's where I think Norv really has an opportunity to shine. Between McMichael, Konrad, Edwards and Clark... man, and not one of those names is a WR... then you've got Ward and McKnight who ALREADY had been stepping things up... DAMN!

Really, I'm starting to look at this with more enthusiasm about how/what (if anything) Robert Baker will do on Sunday.

That and, of course, wanting to see Ray in action again (since the pre-season). If Lucas play 75% as well as he did in the pre-season we'll be JUST FINE! :)

GO'FINS!!!

this game will be won in the trenches by the big men. The lineman will need to get all over drew and the lineman will have to make holes for ricky to plow through.

Norv is not even breaking a sweat ... These guys are putting their bodies in a battle more fierce then anything Norv has ever experienced....... he calls plays out like the general ....... The battle will be won by the will and sacrifices these guys make on the front lines of the battle field to continue the mission they are on.

I just hope our offensive line can do better then they did last week. While they did great for the pass, we needed some help on the run. But, yes in their defense, the hacking horses did front the line on almost every run play.

But I just want to see Ricky run like the wind. It's a great feeling seeing the Dolphins with a real running back in action!

What hurt us against Denver was our OT's more than our interior OL. Trevor Pryce put a clinic on against Todd Wade. And Kavica Pittman also had a good day. And our TEs also struggled slowing down their DEs for the most part. .

Todd Perry fared better than the OT's. And Jamie Nails had his usual solid day. But Ruddy was just ok. He was beaten soundly on some plays and looked good on others.

Good new is.....we probably won't see a front seven as good as that one again this year.

Originally posted by Muck

Good new is.....we probably won't see a front seven as good as that one again this year.

I agree 100%. Pryce is a beast. Few OTs can stop him.

While I agree that Pryce is nearly unstoppable, I can't shake the fact that Todd Wade has yet to improve upon his great rookie year.

Last year, he kind of got a repreive due to injuries and maybe even the "sophomore slump". But this was the year that he was to AT LEAST get back to and improve upon his rookie year. And so far, it just hasn't happened.

Remember after the 2000 season ended.......how everyone (analysts and fans alike) were congratulating the Phins on finding a bookend OT for the next 10 years or so?? That's how good this kid was.

WHAT HAPPENED?????

While I agree that Pryce is nearly unstoppable, I can't shake the fact that Todd Perry has yet to improve upon his great rookie year.

Last year, he kind of got a repreive due to injuries and maybe even the "sophomore slump". But this was the year that he was to AT LEAST get back to and improve upon his rookie year. And so far, it just hasn't happened.

Remember after the 2000 season ended.......how everyone (analysts and fans alike) were congratulating the Phins on finding a bookend OT for the next 10 years or so?? That's how good this kid was.

WHAT HAPPENED?????

You mean Todd Wade, right?

What hurt us against Denver was our OT's more than our interior OL. Trevor Pryce put a clinic on against Todd Wade. And Kavica Pittman also had a good day. And our TEs also struggled slowing down their DEs for the most part. .

Todd Perry fared better than the OT's. And Jamie Nails had his usual solid day. But Ruddy was just ok. He was beaten soundly on some plays and looked good on others.

Well yes it is good that our guys will not see as nasty a front 7 the rest of the year(DaBears at full strength possibly could have been but without Washington and Colvin and a diminshed Daniels not even close).
I do have some different views on how each lineman played. My grades would be Spriggs C, Nails B+, Ruddy B-, Perry F, Wade D-.
I was really upset with Perry's play on Sunday night. If we had a better alternative during the game I would have replaced him during the game.

Originally posted by IceStorm
I just hope our offensive line can do better then they did last week. While they did great for the pass, we needed some help on the run. But, yes in their defense, the hacking horses did front the line on almost every run play.

But I just want to see Ricky run like the wind. It's a great feeling seeing the Dolphins with a real running back in action!

I am not worried about last week since Denver has probably thebest front 7 in football. Buffalo...well we will just say they don't. Pryce and McClockted alone could create more problem than Buffalo's front 4. On the other side of the ball our front 4 has really stepped it up the past 2 weeks. JT is on a tear, and Buffalo doesn't have the o-line to stop him. Slow QB that has been sacked 20+ times already, and an average o-line missing their starting RT = trouble for Buffalo fans. If Miami takes a early lead forceing Buffalo to pass every down Drew will take the beeting of his life.

Oops!! I meant Todd WADE. Thanks, it's been edited.

Back
Top Bottom