Mueller Contract info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller Contract info

By contract, he does NOT have the same responsibilities as Spielman.

I read that to mean that he does NOT have final say.....
Spielman's most recent contract DID give him final say over personnel decisions.

I think it's clear to Mueller that Saban is "the man" and Mueller's ego is already checked at the door.....

Mile High Fin said:

Spielman's most recent contract DID give him final say over personnel decisions.

I think it's clear to Mueller that Saban is "the man" and Mueller's ego is already checked at the door.....

Exactly. I think Mueller saw a great opportunity for himself here. He wouldn't have taken the job if he had a problem with Saban.

I've read somewhere that Muller and Saban had a relationship dating back to the time when Muller used to go down to Luisiana to while working in NO. This to me makes sence. Saban does not appear to be the kind of guy who just goes out and hires a guy and give him a 3 year contract without prior indepth knowledge of the individual. Also look at this from a different perspective, Muller has all the tools that Saban seems to lack:
1. Knowledge of the inner workings of the league, in regards to trades and personnel.
2. Respect around the league as an executive (Muller was exec of the year in 2000).
3. A good report with the local media. While in NO he had a good working relationship
with the local media. They were up in arms when he was fired.
Think about it, this guy brings a lot of positives to the organization. If these 2 can work together without letting their egoes get in their way, then I see this as an upgrade to last year tandem of Winney & Spieldman.

It will also be interesting to watch if the Dolphin Bashing from ESPN continues...

Mile High Fin said:

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom